The Barbarian by Nick Alan

Hi all . I’m new to this forum but not new to the genre of fantasy role playing and fantasy Miniatures . Just to give a little context to this subject , I discovered the genre in 1978 and gamed and collected and painted hundreds of Miniatures between 1978 and 1983 ish. I still own the bulk of this collection which brings me to my topic and reach out on here . On the opening day of the Games Workshop Manchester store in from memory 1980 ish I purchased a cast miniature called The Barbarian modelled by Nick Alan . Pictured here . It was and has always been one the prize models in my collection and I’ve always been intrigued and wondered if it was a limited edition or widely available and if the former what sort of numbers it might have been produced in ? In recent years I’ve looked around the internet but have not seen a single reference to this figure ! If Anyone recognises owns or knows more info about the production run or background to this I’d love to eventually find out more ? :) cheers all Rob

Attachments

• A4D60003-B7E3-4FDE-9EB6-BEA2E18E5C84.jpeg
    A4D60003-B7E3-4FDE-9EB6-BEA2E18E5C84.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 3,252
Hi David and thank you so much .. That’s massively interesting and helpful . I wonder if Nick Bibby used any sculpting alias’ .. as Nick Alan has been scratched into the underside of the base during casting I’m guessing . But thank you for all the effort and I might just repaint him now I know his origin .. he might deserve it .

Cheers
Rob

Back