Old School Ork project

This is my ork army. A few of these are among the very first Citadel miniatures I ever painted. Many, and the best paintjobs, were done circa 2010. A small, 51% majority, were probably painted in the Days of Nurgle.

I think, without making any additional purchases, I can keep going until the entire board is full of greenies packed in shoulder to shoulder. This board is 22x24 inches. So I will paint the board olive green, blu-tac everyone to the board, and enter them in Armies on Parade. I will be operating on the theory of "If you can't sing good, sing loud."

The green tide of orkdom is upon us...
HVdcUQC.jpg

That one runtherd and one painboy will have their hands full keeping this army going!
ZiPKDdI.jpg

Da boss:
jc8cNKl.jpg

The maddest of Madboyz:
O4yTrIU.jpg

Moar orks!
kFu5sKM.jpg

To truly fill up the base without buying more figures I may have to include squads of fantasy orcs as "wildboyz".So far the only "anachronistic" bits in the army are (I think) the squigpiper to lead the gretchin forward, the plastic bad moon banner, carried by a late 5th edition fantasy plastic night goblin.

To make up for this, there's a genuine RT "space goblin" in the ranks though if you can spot him! Also. I must post in the trade forums. I need a power claw arm for a dreadnought. I have another one ready to go except it's missing an arm! Somewhre I have a 2nd edition dready too, which will allow me to paint one dread per clan except snakebites. I might try to scratch build a dino-rider snakebite "dreadnought" though.

Orjetax

Probably my favorite of what you’ve posted so far! Love that green tide.

As you allude to, quantity has a quality all its own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

That's a lot of monopose plastic! :grin: Yes, I do see a couple of older metal grots. (I counted at least five, actually. Maybe six. And more if you count the assorted Oscars in and around their cans.) To be fair, two or three of those are probably supposed to be weapons crew, but you have them mixed into the ranks, which is fine. And surely the randos constitute at least one solid blister's worth. I have a pretty nice green tide, but you have me solidly out-goblined. That's a very very nice ork army. And quite solidly oldhammer, top to bottom. There was, after all, a 40K squigpiper too. And really, other than the clothes, what's the difference between a later fantasy piper and an earlier sci-fi musician? A squig's a squig I would say. :) Play on!

symphonicpoet":1o7zn5uh said:
. . . and incidentally, I love what you did with the truk. :)

Thanks.

There's actually well over 10 metal gretchin in the ranks. However they get lost in the 120(!) plastic ones.

The Goff orks also have a few metal and RT plastic multipose figures among them. But they get lost in the 40 or so monopose plastics. The immediate plan is to expand the Madboyz to 15 and the RT plastic Bad Moons to 30.

symphonicpoet

^St. Louis here. Maybe we should meet up at Oldhammer in the Jerz sometime. Or down Kirkell way. When all of this is over and done with, that is. I figure on hosting my own house party/mini con sometime soon when such gatherings are again prudent.

Back