Skimmers that don't stink . . . Maybe.

symphonicpoet

So Zhu Bajie posted a deodorant skimmer on the eBay ridiculousness thread. And well, I've been stockpiling dispensers for a while with a mind to reprise an old homage. Maybe with more skill this time. (Also maybe not. The original wasn't really bad, mind.)

And then AranaszarSzuur implied they might almost be willing to pay thirty five quid for my teenage sweat prevention space fantasy. So . . . I had to do it again.

I was going to anyway. Just looking for the right excuse. And yes, there will be more. But hey, it's a classic idea. So here's the progress on the new one.

Materials. (Including a sliced toy gun.)
nc7Wy0Q.jpg

This blue and grey thing is a clip on car air freshener I swiped from my dad. Yes, I still scavenge parts from my parents. To this day. (Sometimes.)
8xXl5cr.jpg

Man that thing yielded a lot of interesting stuff.

Nothing to fill gaps quite like spackle.
xkhwcye.jpg

And one zoid part. No 80s homage kitbash should be without at least one.
j7NITnq.jpg

Coming together . . .
Cxz21r5.jpg

They actually kind of look like related designs. Maybe the Marines are using a borrowed Eldar skimmer?
FRK6BmK.jpg

Plaiecivile

Great scratch building skills! I really like your design.

But lets be honest, is there a moment you ended up at the pharmacy, choosing your deodorant considering the shape of the container over the actual smell of it, only for that project?

I ask because I went through this not so long ago... :lol:

Zhu Bajie

That is really nice.

I always felt the organic curves of the deo-stick hover fitted with the curves of the RTB01 Space Marines powered armour more than the boxy Rhino and Land Raider vehicle designs, and gives the Imperium a more far-future feel.

symphonicpoet

Plaiecivile":ys13s71c said:
Great scratch building skills! I really like your design.

But lets be honest, is there a moment you ended up at the pharmacy, choosing your deodorant considering the shape of the container over the actual smell of it, only for that project?

I ask because I went through this not so long ago... :lol:

I wouldn't want to admit to it, but . . . Honestly, I'm pretty picky as I don't care to use the stuff with the aluminate anti-perspirants in them. I just don't care for those. And there are maybe two brands locally that are still available without alumina. That said, if there were more variety that I was willing to use I absolutely would.

Zhu Bajie":ys13s71c said:
That is really nice.

I always felt the organic curves of the deo-stick hover fitted with the curves of the RTB01 Space Marines powered armour more than the boxy Rhino and Land Raider vehicle designs, and gives the Imperium a more far-future feel.

I'm halfway tempted to repaint it as eldar mostly because the old Armorcast/Epicast/Biasi vehicle models tend to be pricey, but I don't care for the new aesthetic as much. (My eyes aren't getting any younger, I guess. All those new pointy bits kind of wear on my middle aged vision.) And a new driver, a replacement weapon on the pintle, and a coat of paint would give me a class of apparently related but different armored vehicles. I don't know. I'm torn. I'll put you down as a vote to leave it with the Spesh Maroons . . .

. . . in my absolute dictatorship. ;)

Anyway, thank you both for the kudos. I'm pleased with how the new one is shaping up. :)

Back