JPRP's Endless Armies

jprp

twisted moon":6bamusrh said:
i couldn't make out your amazons very well, but those alligator-like lizardmen look great.

Thanks, ref' the Amazons if you double click on the images in google pics you get the option to magnify the image. :grin:

symphonicpoet

Some nice models there. One small administrative comment: you should be able to put the pictures directly into the thread. I will try to do that here:

jMBD35N0-v6eMSA0iyWNyQhB3q4GpQVO21cpG63tTezk89enlgi1qaGKhJgqLV2UK5nlGt1mY4L1hef5sMR2zE7UX0ohTtzHYKugqjtZFObhV_f5DaN6L0I-Yav6dMTBCSGc_LpveJ8K_BB3ERAZ5tDmfekl6MMD3s1V0jkDYISQST8W0V0nTQkHbZfcdQrmync5VcdLkiGN_qr9dBJ6N1YBpn7BVVL7tIJdz85BlA6lzNnHBqHacrQajgjhfapXJMCMdv_QjdKJV4ZtN_OO_3njdAZB4IgIGMklNesUijt4wFR1DWFSKvjUoU_fxsJyeJ9bYmr0rD5-NPw7rDB2GOMIz9K5u6Pcu2AfmT6afwCdoTvmhAHPGSRV9M3MRiIaJUJdhQF6fRawtTKpgdFQ-3mgmJY0-YnnYP5QyVmPzvPJoSKfHCv_utjNLLmb3I2GebD_Wk3J5l3KNUxZEc5BfEMQWItAw9mZ8vxLaZoN1B6BfvkdAgca3cVHtNpyDFFFuur_lVkJ69ZGYEr7vr5DSg6JvkNC8ZR3gmcjFNkb-I3JaHuP3GqztL_ju93Z_czj-oA2i-fJzLl5wXXO9-WclzK9pn4MTVh6SFwYixCrxK1kVtwueCVsekqdJSpTjAyidW8mMwmxTlpNvd61Ib9AWMTC8SU706HyvIn6MFpS4dNFUroVbztEIRNv55RRESQF_rRZAuMZoT8ZiHKhxiSAd_NahJSgOR1kSMnGXPeOZc6st_5fF1VE-Q=w1224-h918-no

. . .

It's a little cumbersome, as it looks like you have to open an enlarged version of the image before you can get to the image address. But at least in the preview it seems to be working.

Alternately, you could try different image hosting. I use both flickr and imgur for different reasons. (Flickr for my hemi-demi serious stuff. Including more serious miniatures photography. And imgur for WIP, trades, and graphics like the badges I share here.) The "Img" tag is pretty simple, and can be found in a button above your posting field. (At least assuming you have it enabled in your settings. Which it should be by default.)

Anyway, whether you embed the images or not, well done!

jprp

I'm using a Chromebook nowadays so Google Pic's is relatively easy for me, when i have tried other routes i'm always being told to re-size the images.

symphonicpoet

^Yeah, I do shrink the stuff I post to imgur and use medium sized images off Flickr. Otherwise stuff gets too big. Valid point. Even that Google photo image of yours I embedded above showed up too big at first. I suppose there's no pleasing all of us. ;)

And if Google images is working for you . . . I still use Picasa for a lot of editing, and I have at least some of my stuff on Google images too. There's no one perfect solution. But keep up the good work and thanks for posting your miniatures, however you need to go about it.

jprp

I'll try another host at some point but if it is a pain it will deter me from posting regularly so will have to go back to this.

jprp

symphonicpoet":3425uuvy said:
^That's a darned interesting critter! Well done. Glad I clicked through. :)

It will be going back on the painting table today as the photo's and then varnishing have thrown up a few issues.
It is a rubbery plastic toy with greenstuff and you never know how such things are going to react until you finish them.
It had been hanging around the mountain for about 20 years just not fitting with any army i was working on.

symphonicpoet

^Yeah, that's quite true. I have a truck conversion I did a couple of years back using a toy with rather rubbery wheels. Sprayed the whole thing black, of course. For reasons. The wheels are still sticky to this day. I have a funny feeling that if I parked it on a plastic sheet it would slowly sink in, rather like a fishing lure worm. No real problems so far, but I haven't left it sitting on anything but a wooden shelf all that long.

jprp

symphonicpoet":3jhwjma5 said:
^Yeah, that's quite true. I have a truck conversion I did a couple of years back using a toy with rather rubbery wheels. Sprayed the whole thing black, of course. For reasons. The wheels are still sticky to this day. I have a funny feeling that if I parked it on a plastic sheet it would slowly sink in, rather like a fishing lure worm. No real problems so far, but I haven't left it sitting on anything but a wooden shelf all that long.

Sometimes it can be just one small area that reacts-strange stuff.

Back