Troll

86I3rv0l.jpg

symphonicpoet

^There's no rule that the models need to be from any particular manufacturer so far as I'm aware. I've posted models from about everyone. Down to and including converted toys.

It's a lovely model, no matter who cast it.

symphonicpoet":3rn3egbp said:
^There's no rule that the models need to be from any particular manufacturer so far as I'm aware. I've posted models from about everyone. Down to and including converted toys.

It's a lovely model, no matter who cast it.
Yh i think the era is more important than the manufacturer :)

symphonicpoet

^To be honest, I think aesthetic is even more important than that. I'm happy to work with modern toy soldiers in that same aesthetic. :)

i've got a pile of old and new stuff ,i like how the modern mini has better poses and finer detail,but i love the nostalgia and the weight of my "lead figures" :)

Fimm McCool

tinsoldier71":1w66eyxc said:
better poses and finer detail

I just got some Denizen miniatures through, the detail on them is staggering, especially as they're essentially 25mm. I can also appreciate the clever ways figure designers have got around the constraints of a 2-part vulcanised rubber mould. Some inspired decisions (and also some not-so-inspired... 4th Ed undead champions anyone?). I echo SP's comment about aesthetic though, the age and origin of the mini is far less important to me than the look and the modelling ethos.

Back