Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

inchmurrin

Thank you for the kind comments and yes we do have plenty mossy wet moors around here. I'll try putting a suitable mob shot together subject to suitable background being available.

inchmurrin

This is my most recent fantasy repair Stri'Kninn Axemurderer chaos warrior and poisoner in his spare time, the lesser known brother of Stro'knor Macekilller famous throughout Oldhammer not least because of the excellent blog named after him. Obviously the notorious mace was missing when this mini came to me so an axe seemed a suitable substitute. As always comments and criticism encouraged.

1051183706_o.jpg

1051183708_o.jpg

i like the Moorcock eternal champions,i only have the bear head dude left the rest are gone i believe one was suscecptible to broken ankles.

inchmurrin

Thanks I have done a few ankles the worst being Marauder Trolls I even had one break after I fixed the other one. Most ironic fix was relpcing Erekose's Black Sword.

Galpino

I really like your colours. And did you buy your models recently or did you have them hidden away for 30 years?

inchmurrin

I've bought all of them within the last 5 years mostly on ebay and job lots, that's how I end up with so many broken and incomplete minis to play with! Thanks for the kind comments. I actually started out on AD&D when it first came out and my first WD was number 8 I think. Actually I think I still have my original half elf magic user/thief Grenadier mini around the place.

Lestodante

inchmurrin":38m1k7uf said:
As promised more repairs. I've continued with the Champions of Chaos pre slottas I have without heads Ulrik Bloodletter and Goron Widowmaker, They are really rather characterful minis. I've also found some Dark Eldar Gsargoyle wings for this earlier version. As always comments and criticism encouraged.

I still haven't made up my mind on basing the pre slottas except that I'm not going to try to remove the base, a method that preserves the base model will be my preferred choice just don't know which.

I really love this Chaos Warrior conversion. You should try to repair his sword too by using the blade from a "cocktail sword pick", it will improve its look a lot.
As for the painting you should try to dare more with hilights and shadows. All your models will look better then!

As for rebasing pre-slotta figures, you can try the lipped down bases. They are standard 25 mm squared bases but are carved down so you can place the original metal base inside. If part of the metal base is larger you can file a bit the border from the plastic base.
Check this link:
https://www.miniature-heroes.co.uk/product/25mm-square-recessed-base/

inchmurrin

My latest mini a Grenadier Barbarian Shaman I picked up on a job lot, I may be tempted to do more of these this was fun.

1057083526_o.jpg

inchmurrin

More product of the lock down despite amazing sunny weather in Scotland.

F5 Vrogel the Spike Chaos Marauder with a replacement cut down lance from a middlehammer chaos knight.

1057779475_o.jpg

1057779474_o.jpg

and a Chaos Thug with a replacement axe from a plastic gobbo, I was surprised by the detail of the face on the chest very chaotic.

1057779471_o.jpg

1057779473_o.jpg

finally an ogre, Citadel I'm not sure from when maybe Talisman. Any identification ideas please let me know. His missing weapon was replaced by a spear, and the shield emblem is a bit Bretonnian or empire I feel for an ogre.

1057779476_o.jpg

1057779478_o.jpg

1057779479_o.jpg

As always comments and criticism encouraged.

The Ogre’s from Citadel’s BC2 Monster starter set. An own label set despite this being the same era when they were doing the TSR licensed D&D range. Nice figure, but the halberd shaft is so thin that it snaps more often than not.

inchmurrin

Thanks for the info and as I like bringing mini's back into use I am well aware of the tendency of long pointy things breaking.

inchmurrin

It says "Ogreber don't have an ogre forever just when you need one" Ogres are now part of the gig economy, Golgfag is unimpressed!

symphonicpoet

That dang gig economy is spreading! Obviously ogres need some solidarity. Maybe you'll be painting protest ogres next? :grin: (And if you don't . . . I might.) ;)

inchmurrin

I'd love to. I bought a job lot with 4 solid based Golgfag troopers, painted up the Chronicle wolf rider instead, now lost them! If they ever reappear from the pile then they can be"encouraged" by the boss man to get on the protest line :grin:

inchmurrin

This weeks offerings on the fantasy front. Unusually for me pre slotta and unbroken, just took a fancy to painting them,

First up Bryan Ansells chaos warriors Guardsman Healy Of Chaos.

1058932917_o.jpg

1058932922_o.jpg

and a TSR AD&D Magic User with book, but I like the dragonette bhiding under his coat.

1058932905_o.jpg

1058932910_o.jpg

Comments and criticism encouraged.

symphonicpoet

Some of those old TSR miniatures were really quite lovely. I have some Ral Partha examples, but none have anything quite so nice as the baby dragon. :) Most cute indeed.

Sleepysod

Can you rank any of these up in to units yet or are they are quite disparate? Would love to see an army shot of some sort

Back