eBay Bargains, Deals, etc.

OldManPaints":2taxmne6 said:
Interesting that this thread has risen up again. I personally and royally P-doff with ebay. it's the prices.

Call me naive buy I think we old hammerers should keep the prices down. I was looking at some Ogres the other day. they were on for 99p. starting bid....they went for £10. Ten quid per miniature is unacceptable in my opinion.

Auctions I don't mind. Anything is worth what people are willing to pay for it, so if something is bid up to £10 or more, that's by definition what it's worth. I'd happily pay £10 or more for a decent Jes Goodwin Ogre.

What is utter bullshit are items with insane Buy It Now prices that sit there and never sell. They're what's causing actual damage to the resale market as people with these old models sat in a drawer think "wow, these models are worth £30 each!" and can't be dissuaded from that outlook. I used to do a lot of buying up collections and reselling what I didn't want to fund my collection. Unless something was incredibly rare, I'd start everything at 99p and it all found it's own value.

I've really given up reselling these days though as too many people see the BIN prices on eBay and want that per figure. If they assume £20 a model for a £2 figure, there's literally no bargaining position that you can work from.

Golgfag1

dieselmonkey":30wbagz7 said:
Golgfag1":30wbagz7 said:
what does the Forum think would be a fair price per figure?

About £3 per figure. :lol:

For goblins I'd agree.

OK, following on from my earlier post, a bit more a rarity two lots of C series Slann were recently sold on Ebay, as auction items - average price came out as £7.59 per figure (did not include postage) this being the case does this now mean that any BIN prices below this figure is reasonably priced?

Paul / Golgfag1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Games-worksh ... 1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-x-Citadel- ... 1438.l2649

Golgfag1":3txrbaiw said:
OK, following on from my earlier post, a bit more a rarity two lots of C series Slann were recently sold on Ebay, as auction items - average price came out as £7.59 per figure (did not include postage) this being the case does this now mean that any BIN prices below this figure is reasonably priced?

For Slann, quite probably. I'm not into preslotta anything particularly, but Slann are a rare army with a lot of collectors, relatively speaking, so bulk lots tend to get bid up to a respectable amount. For slotta-era Slann, I'd pick up any priced below about £7-8 or so for my army, back when I had the spare cash.

Recently I bid £51 for 19 Mad Mullah Acklan'ds Death Commandos, that's less than £3 a pop for a bunch of models that are arguably rarer, but yet don't have the same number of collectors as Slann do so they go for half the price.

Incidentally I've anyone's got one more, that'd be great! ;)

Golgfag1

Willmark":1l2hsetm said:
Golgfag1":1l2hsetm said:
This came as a bit of a shocker on Ebay - advertised as Slann but more a case of speciality figures still in their wrapping for the river cruise scenario, The Magnificent Sven, from one of the early compendiums - four figures at over £25 per figure, plus postage!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Vintage ... 1438.l2649

Paul / Golgfag1
Is it me or have prices gone absolutely stupid insane on eBay lately?

I'd put it down to the current crisis, folks are lossing jobs, hours etc and thus money. so are selling off deposable stuff they don't need, to try to make up the short fall in their immediate income - so we have a blip, where their asking for either top-dollar or rock-bottom depending upon their need!

Paul/Golgfag1

That could explain the seller side of the equation. With regards to the buyer, some of those employed in jobs where they can work-from-home are saving lots of cash on their commutes. I’ve got commuting mates who are funnelling that £300 or £400 a month into hobby spending.

Golgfag1

Citizen Sade":131wp2lp said:
That could explain the seller side of the equation. With regards to the buyer, some of those employed in jobs where they can work-from-home are saving lots of cash on their commutes. I’ve got commuting mates who are funnelling that £300 or £400 a month into hobby spending.

I'm in that boat, unfortunately I'm also supporting the other three members of my household who are all on short hours or have no job - the joys of being a parent :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Jonas

Here is a really nice lot for anyone in the UK only it seems.

A lot of Bob Olley Iron Claw Dwarfs:

LINK

s-l1600.jpg

Same seller has a lot of other lots too, with other races.

If that’s how he arranges them for photography, I hate to think how he’d pack them for posting.

On a more serious note, if you’re interested in them and he won’t accept your bids, drop me a PM and we can explore ways around that.

Jonas

I contacted him and apparently he is willing to ship to Denmark. So I will give the Dwarfs a go. Still a lot of other great stuff.

Back