‘The Last Stand of Captain Hora de la Cena’

The Last Stand of Captain Hora de la Cena
Or
The Battle of Priestley Rocks

Everyone knows the story of Rynn’s World. How the hordes of Snagrod, Arch Arsonist of Charadon, descended on the home-world of the Crimson Fists. How a million to one catastrophe wiped out over half the Space Marine defenders. How Chapter Master Pedro Kantor led a valiant, desperate defence of New Rynn City, which held out against all odds, until Imperial relief forces arrived.

This however is not that story.

This is the story of Crimson Fist’s Captain Hora de la Cena, Master of the Cafeterium, and his glorious but (probably) doomed last stand against wave after wave of ork attackers in the hills known as Priestley Rocks far to the north of New Rynn City.

Here is your chance to help write an epic but completely unrecorded episode in the illustrious annals of the Crimson Fists Chapter of Space Marines!

If you want to join in on the Marines side you’ll need a few squads of Crimson Fists. Feel free to bring a dreadnought or a character or two as well but champions and minor heroes only please. If you want a real challenge you could bring squads of Rynn’s Guard Imperial Army troopers.

If you’d rather play the bad guys just bring all the orks you’ve got.

FAQ:

Marines: Do my marines have to be Crimson Fists?
GM: Yes
Marines: Can I bring a Land Raider
GM: NO
Marines: Can I bring a Thunderhawk?
GM: Definitely NO
Orks: Can I bring a looted Land Raider?
Orks: Can I bring a looted Thunderhawk?
GM: Definitely Yes.
Orks: What happens if my troops die?
GM: You get them back next turn.
Marines: What happens if my troops die?
GM: You have less troops...
Orks: I have a scratch build Gargant – it’s very shooty and a bit OP, can I bring it?
GM: Yes.
Orks: What, really?
Marines: What? Really???
GM: Yes.
Orks: If there are no marines left at the end of a turn do I win?
Marines: If there are no Orks left at the end of a turn do I win?
GM: Nope.
GM: Basically the game is a valiant last stand and should be fluff not buff. We’ll be making equipment cards and random events for both sides. The better your fluff the more of these you’ll get access to. Bringing weaker / under-strength / cheese-free forces might grant you more equipment / random events too.

It'll probably look something like this:

Scalene

This looks good and your darkest Africa 40k game was fantastic so definitely up for this. I will bring about 50 orcs and some light vehicles

lewis

If I wanted to bring imperial army troopers could they also be squat troopers and drednoughts? Could they have tarantulas? (This is purely based on what imperial models I actually own.)

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Scalene":1kfz2r2m said:
This looks good and your darkest Africa 40k game was fantastic so definitely up for this. I will bring about 50 orcs and some light vehicles

Thanks Scalene, you and your orks will be very welcome :grin:

lewis":1kfz2r2m said:
If I wanted to bring imperial army troopers could they also be squat troopers and drednoughts? Could they have tarantulas? (This is purely based on what imperial models I actually own.)

Hi Lewis, Squats seem appropriate - heroic, doomed last stands being something of a specialty of theirs ;) How many have you got? Could you post some photos?

For rules we'll mostly be using vanilla Rogue Trader with very few of the later additions (so no Compendium T10 dreadnoughts with 20 Damage and 2+ save and 3 T10 powerfields and a jump pack and armed with a defense laser and... :lol: ). Just some gentle tweaks to speed the game up and hopefully make it more fun.

lewis

So this is my little squat collection. I'd probably want to run a 10 man squad of imperial army troopers with 2 tarantula crews and a landspeeder alongside them. The little scutter bots in the picture I fancied running as the bomb bots from the RT rule book. The drednought is meant to be a repurposed mining vehicle so has no heavy weapons, only bolsters and fists. I might get them a ramshackle vehicle as well.
08bcaae6afe6ec12ff855cf7bd326041.jpg

lewis":238nwcrx said:
So this is my little squat collection. I'd probably want to run a 10 man squad of imperial army troopers with 2 tarantula crews and a landspeeder alongside them. The little scutter bots in the picture I fancied running as the bomb bots from the RT rule book. The drednought is meant to be a repurposed mining vehicle so has no heavy weapons, only bolsters and fists. I might get them a ramshackle vehicle as well.
08bcaae6afe6ec12ff855cf7bd326041.jpg

Those are awesome dude - welcome aboard!

progress
noun [ U ]
UK /ˈprəʊ.ɡres/ US /ˈprɑː.ɡres/

movement to an improved or more developed state, or to a forward position:

I have been doing things! This is a new experience so far from BOYL but school closed last Thursday and my services are not currently required so instead I did a thing. Well two things actually:

M8fn2SV.jpg

Um7yIvw.png

So that's one of the 8 random event cards I've made for the orks so far. I've also made 8 for the Marines, here's a taster:

SGCM1JB.png

More to follow as time and disease control permit...

Back