Oldhammer Art Contest II

BUZT83V.png

Oldhammer Art Contest II: Open Theme

Welcome to an Oldhammer art competition! Games Workshop's artists produced some good to astonishing art pieces during the 1980s, and although the GW studio has overall stayed comparatively strong in the art department ever since, styles have naturally shifted as the cycle of creativity is wont to do. Here, we want to recapture the Oldhammer art's spirit in sketches, drawings, paintings and more!

We want you to draw or paint something, whatever you like. Tattoos, 3D-rendered art, and flat wood/stone relief carvings are all fine to enter, but sculpts and miniatures are not.

Please only enter original art, in effect art never before shared online. Please don't share your artwork publicly before the winners have been announced. You must have produced the art yourself. Break out the pencils or brushes!

There will be no nitpicking over whether an entry is Oldhammer or not; voting will sort that out.

Submit an entry by sending me a PM containing one still image file or link. Note that you can cram as many different art pieces as you like into your one single image file (e.g. concept sketches side-by-side with a full-out illustration, or two different inked images). If you can fit a whole notebook full of scans into it, then be our guest, though voting may not always reward sheer quantity. ;)

Deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM February the 17th EST 2020. We'll post a voting thread with all entries soon after.

Rights to artworks are all the artists' own. Ask them if you want to use any image.

The gold winner will claim one unpainted Halfling Adventurer of Ancient Times:

il_794xN.2091524648_muf1.jpg

While the silver winner will comb home an unpainted kit of 10 Ceramics of Ancient Times (actually 9; this prize is an excess casting with a missing bit):
il_794xN.2084776231_qd5l.jpg

And finally the bronze winner will carry home an unpainted 15mm kit of 3 Yri-Moss-Han:

il_794xN.1807331050_na4t.jpg

Sounds fun? Then join us and get doodlin'. :)

@lgmdaniel: Yep, that's right! Wide open. :)

Damn, I had set the thread to notify me of new replies, but your post didn't produce a mail notification. Sorry.

Alrighty folks, we'll have a little more time on the deadline. Got too overworked, need some rest before back at it again.

So, the new due date is 17th February. Make the most of it. ;)

If anyone happen to have already uploaded an art piece very recently to Instagram or Flickr, you can still enter it into this contest if you wish (but otherwise please wait with such upload there until after winners announcement).

We had an entrant enter a recent Chaos Dwarfs Online contest with them as last day album upload sites like others would Google Drive or Imgur. We let it through. The rules for previous upload might call for a revision soon based on current sites (they stem from Photobucket days a decade ago), but I'm not in shape to tackle that work at the moment. So let's be open this time and tinker later. Bring your new art, and please direct any flak at me, not such entrants. :)

Cheers

Damn, things suddenly got in the way. I won't be at home, or able to launch this tomorrow. Due date will be the 19th, and should be the last extension unless some havoc pops up in the schedule. My apologies.

Anyone who wish to send in an updated entry is of course welcome to do so.

Back