My projects from 2020 onwards

Fimm McCool

Here's where I'll dump the things I get done, since keeping individual threads doesn't seem worth it really. :)

My effort since Christmas to begin (this is a rate that WILL NOT be kept up!):

da%2Bhorde10.jpg

http://fimmmccools.blogspot.com/2020/01/we-are-fighting-uru-lukinnat.html

Plaiecivile

Your results over Holydays!? Im still trying to finish unit of ten orcs! This setup is amazing in so many ways. Plus that great banner is priceless and somehow evocative... :grin:

Did you paint the background?

Tuskerton

Everything about this picture is great, from the minis to the scenery to the backdrop! I wish I had your work ethic! :)

Fimm McCool

Plaiecivile":joy1m31j said:
Your results over Holydays!?

A rare chance for productivity and not a rate that can be maintained! Plus a lot of this is simple base coat and wash. There's not much highlighting except on the faces. Your ten orcs will be a lot higher standard.

Sleepysod

For me that's exactly what an orc horde should looks like - genuinely scary looking and reminiscent of Ralph Bakshi's LotR. Not a big fan of the Middlehammer black orc miniature with the horned helm but you've painted him well and he blends in reasonably inconspicuously... like that you've used the ogre champion from the monsters box set as the army standard - my recollection was that he was always a bit small for an ogre - but he looks good as a big lad.

Fimm McCool

Sleepysod":1qqn1u9x said:
Not a big fan of the Middlehammer black orc miniature with the horned helm.

He's the only one of those I have. :) I wanted him painted to lead the hobgoblins for my chaos dwarves and as I've painted them (the hobgobs) as part of this army thought I'd pop him in the same vein. He doesn't really fit in that unit. If I ever use him with this army he'll be leading trolls.

Sleepysod

I'm going to have to start watching Bob Ross on Netflix - need to get me a nice painted mountain background

symphonicpoet

^I just got into a conversation about Oldhammer Art in the style of Bob Ross on another forum the other day. I really want to see more happy little orks. :) . . . Happy little skullz could work too, but it could end up being more Middlehammer. Or even Newhammer. (Curse the thought.)

Back