The Great Slotta Quiz continues...!

dhifdjdrd

So, for those playing catch-up; we've identified cutesy 18mm slotta-bases from the regiments of renown sets, we've oggled at the multi-coloured round slotta bases found in bloodbowl; but I think this, possibly, is the question thats going to test collective oldhammer credentials to the limit...

ready?

Its a stunner...!

25fFxMG.jpg

20mm, square, green plastic. Stamped G W 1984 then underneath ©

up for grabs; 1 very exclusive oldhammer-forum prestige point for the first correct answer!

Juxt

Oooh, my favourite quiz returns!

Advanced Heroquest came with round slottas in that colour green... so I'm thinking that era...

Sleepysod

Is the '84' misleading? I presume same mold was used later? What does it look like on bottom? Does it have a parallel track as well as a diagonal?

Juxt

Yeah, the '84 mould was used until at least the early-mid '90s, so I don't know how relevant it is here.

dhifdjdrd

G W 1984
then underneath ©
we have a parallel track set 3/4 of the way along.

will update this post with a photo when I get more organised

EricF

Administrator
Didn't Gobbos Banquet come with coloured 20mm square bases? Yellow, Green, Blue and red I think? Along with a handful of spiders and things from Warhammer Quest. Alas I don't have a copy to check.

Certainly my guess would be that it's from one of the small intro games GW did that have all but vanished.

Juxt

Oooh, good call! Is it right though? Gobbos banquet looks like it had horizontal slots not diagonal?

dhifdjdrd

EricF":agr7eiel said:
Didn't Gobbos Banquet come with coloured 20mm square bases? Yellow, Green, Blue and red I think? Along with a handful of spiders and things from Warhammer Quest. Alas I don't have a copy to check.

Certainly my guess would be that it's from one of the small intro games GW did that have all but vanished.

BRAVO SIR!
I confess - I havn't got a clue where these entered the collection - my first reaction, was "yes - he's done it!"
SOOOO close to awarding you the grand prize ...

but then...
Juxt draws attention parallel slot in the box art... more detective work seems to be needed?

watch this space slotta-lovers...

dhifdjdrd

wLttkRi.jpg

This image took a bit of finding... (not my set!) but we have what appears to be coloured bases with a single diagonal slotta track.
Although curiously, to the right of the box, just in the corner of the instruction manual we have a pair of green gobbos mounted and photographed on what looks to be horizontal yellow slotta bases...

Its a tough call... does the search go on?

Does anybody have a copy of the gobbo's banquet to allow for a closer inspection?

dhifdjdrd":2s6xuxou said:
This image took a bit of finding... but we have what appears to be coloured bases with a single diagonal slotta track.
Although curiously, to the right of the box, just in the corner of the instruction manual we have a pair of green gobbos mounted and photographed on what looks to be horizontal yellow slotta bases...

Just for reference, historically for GW, the box art would almost certainly be created months before the contents were ready by using pre-production metal versions of the miniatures. If the bases were a new product for that game, they would have just spray painted some existing black ones to give the correct impression of what you'd get when the game was released.

EricF

Administrator
That lovely lurid green is more the colour I remember! I never owned the game, but a friend had it and I half remember playing it a few times.

Plaiecivile

See this is the danger of this forum.

It is the perfect example of something I did not know existed, which now I want :lol:

Well at least the rules, because I have all the miniatures, and I feel like building the board by myself.

dhifdjdrd

If someone managed to pick this up - still curious about these bases!
I've seen single slot colours, but none with the double horrizontal / diagonal slot on the underside...

Back