Siege Dreadnought MKII

Hi guys,

finished off a very old project today, only took two and a half years to complete :grin:

20170303_174658.jpg

20170303_175511.jpg

20170303_174216.jpg

What do you guys think? :grin:

Orjetax

Mr Papafakis":1kya6b43 said:
Hi guys,

finished off a very old project today, only took two and a half years to complete :grin:

20170303_174658.jpg

20170303_175511.jpg

20170303_174216.jpg

What do you guys think? :grin:

Wow. It's tremendous, Mr. P. I focus especially on the shoulder ladder. What a great detail.

Please tell me that the poor victim chained to its leg represents a model from a frequent opponent's army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Orjetax :)

Unfortunately, I can't confirm your suspicion about poor old Drake. He was just a poorly butchered Catachan mini that acquired in a sale. I just took his butchery to a whole new level is all :)

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

Mr. P, that thing is humiliatingly good. I've gots me a vehicular WIP conversion . . . but I feel I'mma gonna need to up my game.

symphonicpoet

I used to use enamels all the time. I assume oils are no more complicated. Heck, I've used chalk before too. Will do, PF, will do.

Just a couple of important tips before you get stuck in with the oils Symphonic;

1. Make sure to hit the object that you want to weather with a gloss coat beforehand.
2. Oils take a couple of days to dry.
3. Seal up with another gloss coat

I'm keen to see how you go with them :)

symphonicpoet

And then flat the crap out of everything that shouldn't be shiny with whatever you have that will dull it down the absolute most. ;) Okay. Got it.

Suber

Told you on the blog, but I'm most sincerely impressed. Oils & pigments still sound like alchemy to me and are beyond my skills, but they are certainly the deal!

Nah Suber, their a piece a piss.....seriously!

Just gloss coat to protect your paint from the white spirit, lay on the oils, wash and stuff about with the white spirit, let dry for a few days, then seal with another gloss coat.

Don't be put off, give it a go. Even a dumb arse like me can get results :lol:

Well, if you are willing to sacrifice three virgins at the altar of Tzeentch, then you too will be gifted with the arcane skill of Kitbashing

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

Aha! Three, is it? Okay. Let me see who I've got laying about . . . I think I might have the freebie from Ramshackle and maybe the pair of dark elf slaves. That ought to about do, right? Absolutely untouched, save where I'd worked on removing some . . . uh . . . mold lines.

Never even noticed that the contents of his armor had drained out onto the foot. I suppose that only makes sense when it all appears to be open on the bottom. Kind of carved him a new one, you did. It'll all be dirt soon enough, I guess.

Back