Dark elf exercise

inchmurrin

Some may recall one of my early posts of a Dark Elf I had repaired as part of my practicing when I first joined. Well he was without a shield and he was to get one when his pals were painted.

So this is him now

938481068_o.jpg

And these are his companions

938481050_o.jpg

938481081_o.jpg

938481093_o.jpg

938481106_o.jpg

938481060_o.jpg

They are an exercise in bulk painting and ebay selling. I wanted to see if I could still paint an army and how they would sell on ebay. They were bits an pieces I picked up and I am quite happy with how they turned out. So let's see how they do on the bay.

As always comments are encouraged.

Fimm McCool

Good luck with the sale. I must admit that if I were to buy them I'd strip them and repaint them anyhow. Not a comment on your painting it's just that that's the bit of the hobby I enjoy most so wouldn't pay more for 'ready painted' miniatures. Don't know how representative of the wider audience that view is, but it may not pay your time to paint them if your intention is sales. That said, I hope they prove me wrong! :)

inchmurrin

I tend to strip models as well Fimm, but i wanted to try it out. I don't expect a premium especially as I am not a commercial quality painter, but I believe it is not unusual for historic wargamers to buy painted units so wanted to see what happens ( probably my economics background slipping in again).

What do you think of the painting?

Fimm McCool

The base colours look neatly applied on your rank and file. I'd say give them a quick wash with an ink or Army painter Quickshade and they'd come up a treat. :)

inchmurrin

Thanks for the tip I'll try it out, but I have a tendency to over ink - though practice does make moderately competent!

Back