Winterdyne's Nurgle Project

winterdyne

Now up to 9 plaguebearers. 21 to go. In this unit. :-p
Quite please with how colourful they are, one of the things I wanted to keep strong was lots of colour (while staying nurgly)...

080517_group.jpg

080517_groupb.jpg

winterdyne

30 of this range. Maybe 31. Always after more, they're my favourite and I still need 3 (Snotsprayer, Sporestench, Woundlicker). Then of the '92 era ones I have just under 20 including the standard and musician. Need a few more of those as some of the ones I have are damaged, or I may end up pressmoulding parts, dunno yet. I'll probably do 20 of the later metals too when I can scrounge them together.

Subedai

Very nice, good idea to paint the faces lighter to draw attention to their individual expressions. Oh, and to their bums too!

winterdyne

Deep in the Reikwald Forest, there was a Porcelain Throne, said once to have been used by the God-King Sigmar himself. Now occupied by the daemon Faecius Shanks, its stinking approach heraldes the coming of the hordes of Papa Nurgle...

Faecius and his minions:
110517_group.jpg

Faecius Shanks, Herald of Nurgle:
shank1.jpg

shank2.jpg

winterdyne

And another one. Banner is most likely going to be tweaked later, but I've had enough of it for now. Needs sharpening, possibly push the saturation on it a bit more, and I still feel it's missing something. Not sure what, though.

nurglechamp8.jpg

190517_groupf.jpg

190517_groupb.jpg

Suber

:o :o :o

I was going to make some comment about how good that yellow is, but then I saw the banner. Wow, man, superb work!

winterdyne

Wasn't keen on the banner. I'm tweaking it.

Yellow is really, really easy by the way:

VMC Red leather basecoat. This is a brownish orange, and has excellent coverage over black.

Drop a bit of Agrax Earthshade or similar brown over that.

Relayer with red leather, avoiding recesses.

Layer on VGC heavy ochre. (Alternatively use a mix of flat yellow in this).

Layer on VMC Flat yellow (work toward edges, feathering style).

Extreme highlights with VMC Light Yellow.

Edit: I almost exclusively use vallejo paints these days. VMC = Vallejo Model Color, VGC = Vallejo Game Color, VMA = Vallejo Model Air, PA = Panzer Aces (great browns and mud colours, but kinda thick).

To be honest, both banner iterations look fine to me. I can't free-hand to save myself, so it's doubly impressive to me. Love the take on the standard bearer too, never seen him painted up yellow before. Great work man :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Looking very good, old-school feeling mixed with some more modern painting styles. Weapons in particular remind me about Warhammer 3rd edition pictures. Bases look a bit garish and someone might complain about yellow leaves on clean, green grass, but OTOH it enchances the paintjob's effect. Very sexy!

Back