BEU 2016

Grumdril

Amazing work, wow! :grin:

The commentary from each modeller of what they did and why, and the work in progress shots, are particularly inspiring.

The only thing I'd change about the document, and this is probably my personal taste rather than an actual problem, is less variety in the page backgrounds. I like for example pages 3-5, but for me the yellow of p6 is a bit "loud".

Thank you so much for kicking this off and putting this together. Looking forward to next year's!

Paul / Grumdril

Gallivantes

Just read the whole thing and loved it. Great entries and nicely compiled. Hope to see an even larger installment next year.

Adding my feedback here to help with any improvements:

- There were some typos here and there, in one case even a sentence of text cut off. I will happily offer my help with this for any future work (with the caveat that I don't know exactly if I'm free next year). I am a bit of a proof reading beast apparently, my brain has a weird knack for catching typos history has shown so I feel entitled to volunteer. If you want me to do a pass on this doc I'm happy to.

- Some cover artwork would be really nice but perhaps this is outside the scope of this project, time consuming and/or expensive as it can be. Wouldn't be surprised if that's already crossed your mind but mentioning it just in case :)

- Could be worth a shot distinguishing the two types of text; the narrative blurbs vs. the creator's project summary. I would experiment with italicizing one and keeping the other standard myself to see how it turns out. I'm not a layout professional so not sure if this is sound advice but I see this often applied in similar publications.

thanks

Plaiecivile

Grumdril":1ya79qkd said:
The only thing I'd change about the document [...] is less variety in the page backgrounds.

Well I must admit you are right. As I mentionned in the WIP I had to draw a line, and that was Sunday.
I realize I have worked a lot on each sheet separatly but did not spend much time reviewing the document as a whole.

Gallivantes":1ya79qkd said:
There were some typos here and there, in one case even a sentence of text cut off.

I myself am very sharp when it gets down to correction... in french ;) So yes, if you want to correct me I'll be honored!

As for artwork, it was not in the scope in this edition, although I am opened to any suggestion or contribution for future years.

Asslessman

Oh cool, I have to say I had put this one at the back of my mind so it's a very pleasant surprise to see it done !

Back