Jeff's completed projects 2017

Jeff McC

Starting off the new year with some Midhammer chaos hounds and a baggage cart I've had for ages. He's a human, but the color scheme I've used should let him blend in with my wood elf army too. (So that's two baggage trains started. :grin: )
As before I won't promise that this thread will all be "glorious old lead" but it will be related to my oldhammer gaming (So, no pictures of my guild ball team, but you might see the age of sigmar bloodreavers that I've decided will work nicely as Chaos Thugs. ;) Well, if I ever get them painted... :roll: )

Attachments

• chaos hounds.JPG
    chaos hounds.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 6,609
  • baggage cart 1.JPG
    baggage cart 1.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 6,609
  • baggage cart 2.JPG
    baggage cart 2.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 6,609

Jeff McC

Wow, what a busy year this has been so far. Work related travel and at sea time have resulted in a severe shortage in painting time. (I've also managed to get distracted by runewars (more accessible for the younger gamers, and the new blood bowl, since I missed it the first time around) Things seem to be calming down, and I'm looking forward to getting more painting done going forward, and and already pondering what I'm going to paint for Orctober.

I've managed to finish a model, a Kickstarter chaos warrior, and an old disk. Put a lot more into the base for this one than I typically do. Hoped to create a sense of him zooming trough the chaos wastes.

Attachments

• disk rider 1.JPG
    disk rider 1.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 6,338
  • disk rider 2.JPG
    disk rider 2.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 6,338
  • disk rider 3.JPG
    disk rider 3.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 6,338

Jeff McC

I'm actually finally managing to get some painting done. A bit of a minotaur glut on this one. I had the good fortune to play a couple of 3rd edition games recently. The scenario we'd set up had the Empire building in a place sacred (profane?) to Chaos, so that drove me to minotaurs as they're guardians of such in the fluff. This was the motivation I needed to try to get the rest of the Minotuars in my collection painted...somewhere along the line I acquired a bunch of the warhammer quest minotuars, so they feature prominently, but I'll start off with the metal ones, two GW and a the third I think is Ral Partha.

Attachments

• minos metal front.JPG
    minos metal front.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 6,188
  • minos metal rear.JPG
    minos metal rear.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 6,188

Jeff McC

Added wagon wheel shields to some to create some variety, and swiped a banner pole from some ungor to create a standard bearer.

Attachments

• minos 2.JPG
    minos 2.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 6,188
  • minos 1.JPG
    minos 1.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 6,188
  • mino std.JPG
    mino std.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 6,188

Jeff McC

I also finished up two more chaos hounds for the unit I started earlier in the year.

I've another game coming up in a few weeks, and am attempting to paint up some battleforge halflings to support my Empire army, we'll see how it goes - 30 miniatures in 14 days doesn't sound completely unreasonable....

Attachments

• mino shield.JPG
    mino shield.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 6,188
  • chaos pups r.JPG
    chaos pups r.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 6,188
  • chaos pups l.JPG
    chaos pups l.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 6,188

Jeff McC

Thanks!
They've got me wondering if I should rework and rebase the other half dozen I painted over a decade ago...I think I'm leaving well enough alone for now....but, I'm still thinking about it.

The Fat Git

Great thread. I've only now noticed a connection between the Union Jack and the 8 pointed star of chaos, courtesy of the Minotaur's belt buckle. :o

Jeff McC

Mission accomplished! 28 halflings painted, last batch is drying before I clear coat. :grin:
Photos to follow in a few days.

Jeff McC

Halflings, as promised...
The ally contingent runs 356 points- Level 20 Contingent commander with a fireblade, (Knight of the Ebon Hare, you've seen him before), A unit of 20 Halfling Militia lead by a level 10 hero (Pippin) and 10 Halfling Scouts with a level 5 hero. (no name yet, I think I'm using the grey haired archer in this role.)
Here's a group photo. (slightly blurry - depth of field got the better of me, sorry)

And close ups of the scouts

Attachments

• halfling force.JPG
    halfling force.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 4,333
  • halfling archer 1.JPG
    halfling archer 1.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,333
  • halfling archer 2.JPG
    halfling archer 2.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 4,333

Jeff McC

And her are the spearmen (spearlings?)
To be honest, I'm not entirely enamored of the sculpts, they feel a bit muppet-y, but I think they'll serve quite nicely on the table top.

Attachments

• halfling spears 1.JPG
    halfling spears 1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 4,332
  • halfling spears 2.JPG
    halfling spears 2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 4,332
  • halfling spears 3.JPG
    halfling spears 3.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 4,332

Jeff McC

So..., the Halflings bravely ran away (turn 2, failed break test - testing on a 9), spread panic, and took about half the army with them :shock: ... not the most auspicious start. If this trend continues I may have to consider changing the Knight of the Ebon Hare's name to Sir Robin. :lol:

Jeff McC

I wouldn't have minded so much if they hadn't managed to take half (literally - nothing left on the left half of the table) of the army with them. I did enjoy the game, though. :grin:

symphonicpoet

Enjoyment is paramount. And while the faces are indeed a bit cartoony you've built them into a nice little army and you've done a lot to make them look interesting. And some of the expressions are a fun laugh. Nothing inherently wrong with that. It's always good to laugh. And enjoy a game. :)

Jeff McC

This rat ogre has been lurking in the corner of my paint table, getting a bit of attention every now and again. I think I actually began work on it before Christmas... but done has been achieved! :grin:

Attachments

• rat ogre 1.JPG
    rat ogre 1.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 4,126
  • rat ogre 2.JPG
    rat ogre 2.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,126
  • rat ogre 3.JPG
    rat ogre 3.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 4,126

Golgfag1

I wouldn't worry too much about stuff sitting on your painting station too long Jeff, I've got models & figures sat on mine for years before they get finished :lol: :lol: :lol: Even a small step in the right direction is a another step closer to your goal. :ugeek:

Paul/ Golgfag1

Back