WARHAMMER Fantasy Battle 3rd edition Warband (orcs)

I'm planning to paint all the evil characters from the cover of the Warhammer Fantasy Battle Third Edition rulebook.
About 11 miniatures that will be a nice warband for Advanced Song of Blades & Heroes or Frostgrave.

Here the first two characters painted, two 1984 pre slotta C27 Chaos Goblin Mutants.

index.php

The Chaos Goblin Mutants from the cover of WHFB 3rd:
index.php

urion

Re: WARHAMMER Fantasy Battle 3rd edition Warband

Those look amazing. I've always wanted to get a hold of some of the old chaos goblins.

Another character from the cover of the WHFB 3rd edition rulebook.
I had some problems to find this miniature, it was not available from the pre slotta range.
Then I found it in the AD&D range of citadel (BDD02 Dungeon monsters Boxed Set).

index.php

the picture of the orc in the back of the WHFB 3rd edition rulebook
index.php

Subedai

Fantastic project! Really liking your skin tones on these.

Three Goblin Fanatics from the cover of the WHFB third edition rulebook.
index.php

the goblin fanatics from the cover of the rulebook.
index.php

The group of greenskin painted until now.
index.php

Well done paintjobs on highly characterful models! Thanks for sharing. It seems old Greenskins deserve a more thorough archive dive. Love the mutant gobbos.

WARDUKE

Really nice work. Your goblin skin color is fantastic.

Mind sharing how you achieve it?

Thanks.

WARDUKE":1lju8vbv said:
Really nice work. Your goblin skin color is fantastic.

Mind sharing how you achieve it?

Thanks.

Nothing of special, I use white primer, citadel green color (one of the several options available) as base, citadel green wash, again base color, several highlights of green mixed with white, and again a final little wash.

The Wizard is done:

index.php

index.php

The group until now, still need to paint three orcs and the chaos warrior.
index.php

Ti Pouchon

I have no idea what I should admire more: either your painting which I find super awesome because the colours are just superbly blended and very vibrant
- or your ability to find the minis depicted in the artwork. Excellent! Can you please post a link to a catalogue page of the wizard?

Also, this splendidly executed project gives me an opportunity to raise a question to which I have no answer: Whenever I discover a striking semblance between a picture and a miniature, I wonder which came first.
Is a) the painting a depiction of a mini already in production or is b) the painting the original inspiration for a later miniature?
I've wasted a lot of time pondering this question, especially viz. some of the character illustrations in the WFRPG book.
The easy answer is always a) but sometimes I can't help but wonder endlessly if it's actually the right answer.

Ti Pouchon":rm6nfoyz said:
I have no idea what I should admire more: either your painting which I find super awesome because the colours are just superbly blended and very vibrant
- or your ability to find the minis depicted in the artwork. Excellent! Can you please post a link to a catalogue page of the wizard?

Also, this splendidly executed project gives me an opportunity to raise a question to which I have no answer: Whenever I discover a striking semblance between a picture and a miniature, I wonder which came first.
Is a) the painting a depiction of a mini already in production or is b) the painting the original inspiration for a later miniature?
I've wasted a lot of time pondering this question, especially viz. some of the character illustrations in the WFRPG book.
The easy answer is always a) but sometimes I can't help but wonder endlessly if it's actually the right answer.

Here some pages about the wizard:

c02evilwizardsc1-01.jpg

ArcList06x-c02x-01.jpg

c02wizards-c02-01.jpg

I suppose almost all of the arpictures done for Warhammer were ispired about some miniatures, just because they wanted to sell those miniatures, then seeing some pictures could help ;)

marklord

Really love the green you've achieved on those goblins! Do you use new Citadel paints or old ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marklord":17aku90w said:
Really love the green you've achieved on those goblins! Do you use new Citadel paints or old ones?

I use the new citadel paints.

connexion

And what about the warrior on the cover...? I know there is a (recent) mini by Kev Adams but is there an old one?

connexion":25wzt741 said:
And what about the warrior on the cover...? I know there is a (recent) mini by Kev Adams but is there an old one?

I tried to do some researches about the good guys from the cover too, I only find the standard bearer, I'm not sure about the other guys.
I don't know if there is an OOP miniature of the barbarian warrior in the cover, maybe not because there is the recent miniature done by Kev Adams, as you yet wrote.

marklord

Could someone post a link to the Kev Adams figure?

marklord

Katsuhiko JiNNai":1giiggk3 said:
marklord":1giiggk3 said:
Could someone post a link to the Kev Adams figure?

That's very cool - thanks!

Back