Space fleet !

Asslessman

OK, I've claimed high enough that I love Space Fleet so I had to get serious about it and paint something. Thantsants did push me over the edge and here's teh result of all this.

You can read all about I had to say about Space fleet in general in these articles HERE and HERE and I've also made a thorough description of my force in an earlier post as well HERE.

All you can want to red about painting and other sordid details is recorded in this blogpost.

DSC03883.JPG

DSC03879.JPG

DSC03881.JPG

DSC03880.JPG

DSC03878.JPG

DSC03882.JPG

Golgfag1

Re: Space fleet Tyranids

After give this one a go at BOYL2016 with Steve / Thantants , I've been trying to find a copy of this game, myself - you've just ensured I keep trying, thanks! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Asslessman

Aha, I have the firm intention to be back for BOYL 2017 and have a game with you guys !

The large sea creature ships look particularly good as miniatures, and look excellent in your paintjobs. Well done! The capital ships are ace.

Golgfag1

See what you've started - the first of the 'new' toys have started to arrive, with hopefully more to follow! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• original boxes 002.jpg
    original boxes 002.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 4,514

Golgfag1

And thus it begins - first few ships of the Tyranids start to form up at the fringes of the galaxy!

I've started to read the fluff on this stuff ( manage to get my hands on the appropriate WD's) described these things as beautiful and deadly, so I'm using the colours of a Kingfisher for my inspiration - enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 004.jpg
    Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 004.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 4,436
  • Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 003.jpg
    Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 003.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 4,436
  • Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 002.jpg
    Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 002.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 4,436
  • Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 001.jpg
    Beginnings of a Tyranid space fleet 001.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 4,436

Asslessman

Brilliant ! I love this colour scheme and I'm happy to see you manage to find some of those nids, many still ellude me. A big Space fleet game has to be on our menu now !

BangDoll

JB that's so good ! Love the pastel colors.

Will have to paint some to play with you.

Golgfag1

More Tyranid ships join the vanguard, following their discovery of apparently undefended resources, where are the locals? :lol:

More to follow, enjoy 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• tyranid  space fleet 002.jpg
    tyranid space fleet 002.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 2,266

Golgfag1

More Tyranid Drones join the vanguard, as their infiltration goes unchecked, but where are the Hive ships, they got to be close by!

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• tyranid  space fleet.jpg
    tyranid space fleet.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2,250

Golgfag1

Nice, look forward to seeing the finished articles in due course - particularly liked the blog - will be using the idea for replacement sails myself. :o 8-) :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Asslessman

I've always wanted to have all forces done for Space fleet, so here's the 2nd third done.
They're speed painted as you can see but I wanted something fast rewarding and with no nonsense. Washes over a white basecoat and a few details and they were done !

More about them in the blogspot as usual.

Good thing is I now have free hands to get to the big meal : the imperial forces ! :grin:

Bugger bugger bugger

Well they look amazing! From the both of you! I guess I'm just going to have to paint up the imperial fleet I bought 10 years ago and 'never got around to!'

Are we gonna have a game at BOYL if I get some done!

Asslessman

Cheers guys !

We are definitely going to play some of it and I fully intend to have the opportunity to link those games with Epic games and RT ones as well ! So far I believe we have 4 players bringing fleets and tiles and more. I'll bring all I have for Space fleet anyway. I can now move on to painting my imperial force which will be divided into 2 parts to allow HH era games as well.

Back