Mad Morts Murderous Marauders

So I was going to wait till the project was complete. I'm to excited about it though. So here is the rough start.

Mad Mort is really Vlad Killmore a famous actor. Who was in a famous production called Wallow where he played the great Mad Mort. Afterwards it runs its course he becomes forgotten. Disillusioned he becomes a drunk that wanders from village to village. It was after sleeping off a bender in a gibbet, that he was approached by a band of beastmen. They planned on eating him, till they discovered that it was Mad Mort. He attempted to explain their mistake, but finally decided against it. It would seem that this band of beastmen loved the production and adopted him as their leader. So Vlad Killmore was no more and Mad Mort was reborn it would be his greatest performance. Till it completely took him over. Along the way the beastmen began hunting for the rest of the cast adopting them into their horde. So we have Wallow and Von Karnage, More-Slash (Wallows side kick), General Karnage,Sorsha, and Bungle Mutt. The halflings became tainted by chaos. More-Slash even became a Minotaur, and Von Karnage became a beastmen. Sorsha beautiful and haughty leads a band of marauder lancers with her second command Garth.

Also all my chaos units are subject to the 40k Ork Madboyz rules. This represents the actors improv-ing a scene.

So here are the first 250 points. As well as some of Dad's goblin horde. Also thinking of getting rid of the Death Dawgs, and switching them out with some Chaos Dwarf berserks. Not sure though.

Page_7-4.jpg

Page_8-3.jpg

Page_9-3.jpg

8bitMummies

Re: Chaos W.I.P Mad Morts Marauders and Dad's Gobbos

These look great! :grin:
Excellent use of that Scibor Minotaur. Love those models!

weazil

I like where you're going with this!

Can you explain how you did the bases? I'm specifically interested in the effect on the goblin wolfriders - the chap closest to the camera.

Erny

Utter madness, the full flavour of Oldhammer with modern sculpts.

Chaos halflings indeed...

Can you explain how you did the bases? I'm specifically interested in the effect on the goblin wolfriders - the chap closest to the camera.

I'm pretty sure he painted those up with a base of Foundry Base Sand (B), or the GW equivalent and then gave it a wash of black. Then the static grass. We have been using Americana driftwood here lately. With a brown wash and then quick dry brush over with driftwood again. That is how I did my bases. Then static grass and Secret Weapon fall leaves. Hope that helps.

phreedh

Great post, really like your paintjobs even if I dislike the newer models it all looks coherent and cool! Way to go! =)

Here are a few more additions. I am about 1/3 of the way through the army. I appreciate all the comments. I am really liking how the background of the army is coming together. The army is really taking the shape of the army I have in my head.

The marauders taking shape. I went without barding for the extra movement, and I feel cheesy with a lot of 2+ saves in the army 3+ is good enough for me.
CameraAwesomePhoto2.jpg

A view of the shields-
CameraAwesomePhoto1.jpg

The start of the beastmen- x18 of these bad boys that is 36 wounds...thank you 3E. =)
CameraAwesomePhoto.jpg

Orlygg

Re: Chaos W.I.P marauders and beastmen added.

I am really impressed by your beastmen and their old school shields! Gotta love that John Blanche face!

More please!

Orlygg thanks for the comments. I actually got the inspiration for the shields from one of your posts (Golden Demons 88,89). Then looked to Blanche for more details. I have a bunch more in the queue so know worries. There is more chaos goodness on the way.

I have had some stuff done for awhile now. Work however has been super busy.....so I pretty much come home and play Diablo 3. I got some stuff done this week though. So here is the army as it stands so far. I got six more beastmen about done. Then 5 more marauder knights, and six chaos dwarf berserkers. Then I got foot and mounted Mad Mort. So enjoy.

IMG_0695.jpg

General Karnage leading the beastmen with his redskull helmet, and his champion Sapper.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Now have Sorsha...she's the one in pigtails.

IMG_0698.jpg

Start of the Zerkers, I'm just using dwarf berserks.

IMG_0697.jpg

Re: Chaos W.I.P new pics added. Nov 6th.

Aaaah, here are the close ups :oops: :lol:
Strange I haven't noticed them earlier.

Great to see old stuff painted - the only thing that bothers me is minotaur model:
I think metal one from 4-5 WFB edition would fit the army way better :)

Chico

Wow, a nice mix of Classics and other companys.

Striking blue colour paint job :)

Blue in VT

:grin: :lol: :grin: Love it!!! a perfectly choice old school paint scheme and paint job! just wonderful!

I hate you use this term as it seems over used and not "cool" but I would say your force is full of "whimsey"...which is something that GW generally lacks these days.

Well done. I'm particularity fond of the Nurgle champion!

Cheers,

Blue

Thanks for the kind comments all.

demi_morgana: Sorry on the minotaur, I just love that version. It does tower the hell out of the rest of the army though.

Chico: I really feel that there is a slight stigma against using other companies and newer figures. I thought the Old Hammer community was trying to get away from that.
For me Old Hammer is an idea instead of a time period. So for sure if something feels Old Hammer I will use it. That's just my opinion anyway. :grin:

Blue! You hit the nail on the head. Whimsy is exactly what I was going for.

I'm fond of the Nurgle champion as well! He and the Chaos dwarf really turned just how I imagined them in my head.

Chico

airbornegrove26":29c6mzq6 said:
Chico: I really feel that there is a slight stigma against using other companies and newer figures. I thought the Old Hammer community was trying to get away from that.
For me Old Hammer is an idea instead of a time period. So for sure if something feels Old Hammer I will use it. That's just my opinion anyway. :grin:

I agree use whatever you feel works, in this case as you proven it does work very well indeed :)

Back