My Rogue Trader fanart and inspired stuff.

Erny

I disagree, I think this one shows progress. This is the first of your pictures that makes virtue of your own limitations, there is form and composition here. I like it and it shows where you should be headed. Dare I say there is even a slight reference to Moore poking through. You should consider adding wax or chalk and water colour to your sketching I think it would compliment your style.

N05706_10.jpg

My own style is chaotic and I don't practice nearly enough so please know my comments come from a good place.

tumblr_ob1lzxBJCu1v9n96bo1_1280.png

A SPACE MARINE SERGEANT emerges from the smoke cover and DISASSEMBLES a filthy SPACE ORK with a POWER FIST.

tumblr_ob5d7q89Ue1v9n96bo1_540.png

Subjugate the abhuman! Filthy Squats have lived outside of Imperial influence and refused to join the fold!

Subjugate the abhuman! Flesh Tearer space marines have descended upon them to slaughter them for their proud resistance!

Subjugate the abhuman! Hundreds of thousands of filthy abhumans fell under glorious blades of the Imperial Space Marines!

Kil! Kil! Kil!

http://prophetofslaughter.tumblr.com/ta ... der-fanart

tumblr_oa6fy7o3Tz1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_ob4nzu0Hzf1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_oan6wdQnga1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_ob01d4EOAD1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_oazt6wfbPe1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_oaevalVtyx1v9n96bo1_1280.png

Tumblr

Prints

Erny":2qlobbht said:
I disagree, I think this one shows progress. This is the first of your pictures that makes virtue of your own limitations, there is form and composition here. I like it and it shows where you should be headed. Dare I say there is even a slight reference to Moore poking through. You should consider adding wax or chalk and water colour to your sketching I think it would compliment your style.

N05706_10.jpg

My own style is chaotic and I don't practice nearly enough so please know my comments come from a good place.
There's form and composition?

You mean I should get into Blanchitsu?

It's a shame I'm not into self harm, if I was, I could use my own blood as an ink for supreme edgemastery XD .

tumblr_oca0w9A31V1v9n96bo1_1280.png

Drew a Rogue Trader Space Ork.

According to the rulebook, they are about 2m tall, have long, strong limbs (but not out of human range - they have S3 while Space Marines have S4), brutish heads with flat noses and sharp teeth and tusks.

Rogue Trader Orks were pretty interesting, because some of their art was very dark and menacing with very sharp teeth while some was silly with blunt tusks. In the end silly was adapted and the carnivore-looking Orks were forgotten.

ART SALE
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, ultra smooth, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom trimmed with 1" border for framing.

10% off everything. Free Shipping. Now through 05.09.2016. The
(I have only 1,5 of gel pen left). The cheapest print is only 22,5$.

Prophet of Slaughter - Dark Bloody Red Violent/Science-Fantasy/Military Sci-Fi Stuff
(for those who don't have correctly calibrated monitors - the colour is something between Scab Red and Red Gore)

Melancholic Futurist - Pretty/Sad Stuff

I quite like a number of your artworks. They're vibrant, true to the cruel soul of 40k as established by RT and has potential. There is a website run by a Swede IIRC with lots of Flesh Tearer squads and very tasty Flesh Tearer artworks done in a lot of red (from before GW gave them any miniature attention), yet it was years since I saw it and I can't find it on a quick search. Would've liked to share it due to your use of red to inforce scenes of carnage. I think that guy made use of some white as well which made the red pop, but I may be in the wrong.

If you're looking for tips on improvement, I think you could do well to strike out for something more technically refined and less sketchy. I like how the intensely lined sketches makes it all seem like an Empyreic nightmare vision from a future you wouldn't ever wish to live in, yet I think something to that effect could be achieved with a more carefully exectured artwork, and maybe hint at that almost angry sketchiness by use of lighting, shadows, fog, smoke or whatever. In particular you might want to attempt better definition at times, i.e. making it instantly obvious for the viewer what's going on in a scene and obvious what character, vehicle or whatever they're looking at. Having many centrepiece scenes happen in clear silhouette could work towards that.

If you want to only keep sketching relatively quicker pieces that's obviously all fine, whatever rows your boat, yet if you also wish to up your ante I'm sure you'll achieve even better artworks if you strike out for some more advanced ones. Could be worth a try. Regardless, best of luck with whatever you choose to draw or paint in the future! :)

Haven't posted anything in this thread for a long time for some reason. Will have to catch up.

I also uploaded some of my old stuff on DeviantArt

2008 - First Job. That's when I started exploring Wh40k: Rogue Trader and fell in love with beakies. I bought myself the rulebook after that job.

2008 - Summer Holidays. Got sucked into Rozen Maiden. Ended up creating something like Rozen Maiden meet Space Marines XD .

2008-2010 - Advertisement Junior College. Went there to learn drawing. Got really sucked into Wh40k Rogue Trader. Also, Wh40k in general. I late 2008, I have read one of my favourite Wh40k novels - Lord of the Night. In 2009, I obtained the coveted Space Marine novel by Ian Watson which had huge influence on me. Also first attempt at publishing Horus Heresy series started in Poland at that point.
In late 2009, I started trying to emulate the style of Will Rees, unfortunately without looking closely enough to notice how exactly it worked. It started the "wireframe period".
During that time I created not one but two NotRogueTraders.

2010 - Summer Holidays. A drifting stage in my life before I learned about scholarships for CS studies. Lots of stuff from NotRogueTraders.

2010-2012 - CS college. The second year of the college was where the darkness has entered my life in much larger and I started drawing really dark stuff using the "wireframe style". That was also when I deleted all the fanart from my DA gallery.

Anyway here is stuff from August - September 2016:

tumblr_obvovaswLR1v9n96bo1_r1_540.png

Hate Meditation IV.

Aug 13th, 2016
print

tumblr_obvokaU7Zp1v9n96bo1_r1_1280.png

A Technonight in Powered Armour fighting in a city.

Originally drawn on A5 paper with Gel Pen. Digitally coloured with blood colour picked from execution video.

(I stopped bothering doing large format drawings because I realised they don't actually print lines in scale. I have a Nightmare - Execution I print and it seems to be printed at 100DPI despite that an A3 picture scanned at 100DPI allowed printing only a A5 sized image. So, lines should be 4x thinner than on the original but aren't.
)

Aug 13th, 2016
print

tumblr_oe0jfiv1CS1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_oe0jfiv1CS1v9n96bo2_1280.png

tumblr_oe0jfiv1CS1v9n96bo3_1280.png

Radium Monastic Knights from Knightly Orders. These warrior-monks completely devote their life to war. They are bulked out with radium steroids.

Drawn with Gel Pen on garbage paper.

Sep 24th, 2016

(It was just after I stopped drawing Rogue Trader stuff, so I probably wanted to do my own inspired-by-40k thing like I often did before. It was my return to the Radium Feudalism setting after over 3 months of pause.
Note how the armour doesn't have external cabling unlike Wh40k armour. It's generally mostly inspired by the 16th century armour or something)

Karak Norn Clansman":vzdjxp9l said:
I quite like a number of your artworks. They're vibrant, true to the cruel soul of 40k as established by RT and has potential. There is a website run by a Swede IIRC with lots of Flesh Tearer squads and very tasty Flesh Tearer artworks done in a lot of red (from before GW gave them any miniature attention), yet it was years since I saw it and I can't find it on a quick search. Would've liked to share it due to your use of red to inforce scenes of carnage. I think that guy made use of some white as well which made the red pop, but I may be in the wrong.
Thanks! For some reason I haven't checked out this thread, for, like a year D: .
Interesting. It seems that Flesh Tearers tend to attract people with specific mentality XD . Just like Night Lords, I guess XD .

If you're looking for tips on improvement, I think you could do well to strike out for something more technically refined and less sketchy. I like how the intensely lined sketches makes it all seem like an Empyreic nightmare vision from a future you wouldn't ever wish to live in, yet I think something to that effect could be achieved with a more carefully exectured artwork, and maybe hint at that almost angry sketchiness by use of lighting, shadows, fog, smoke or whatever. In particular you might want to attempt better definition at times, i.e. making it instantly obvious for the viewer what's going on in a scene and obvious what character, vehicle or whatever they're looking at. Having many centrepiece scenes happen in clear silhouette could work towards that.
Thanks for advice! I had to google to understand what you're saying XD . Are you after an art school or something like that?

Do you know any books/websites that teach these concepts?

If you want to only keep sketching relatively quicker pieces that's obviously all fine, whatever rows your boat, yet if you also wish to up your ante I'm sure you'll achieve even better artworks if you strike out for some more advanced ones. Could be worth a try. Regardless, best of luck with whatever you choose to draw or paint in the future! :)
Thanks! I'll try.

Some of my newer stuff from last months.

tumblr_p5rhemPLaP1v9n96bo1_1280.png

Drew this recently.

Originally drawn on A4 paper with gel pen.

An Angel of Purity punishing a servant of evil with a blowtorch.

Print available in my Society6 store.

tumblr_p5ctd92yqM1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_p4w1g9NQ1j1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_p4ppsvEPMh1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_p246oysuvh1v9n96bo1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_oxnykr1zNU1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_p03es3me721v9n96bo1_540.png

A champion standing against the evil inhumane world. After adventure with emulating early Durer woodcuts I returned to my old style that was more valued. No preliminary sketches, no erasing, just pure raw expression.
Art print

Oh. The woodcut period? It was almost all of 2017.

tumblr_p4s0r0CW081v9n96bo1_r1_1280.png

tumblr_oxmxo8ba7R1v9n96bo1_540.png

tumblr_orp5ujb8221v9n96bo1_540.png

tumblr_os2l59gRTF1v9n96bo1_1280.png

tumblr_om3wogZ16r1v9n96bo1_1280.png

Got back into Wh40k. So, I started drawing Space Marines again.

cQuvNVE.png

A Space Marine from the Decimators chapter posing by body of a secessionist guardsman he killed during the Zunar system secession attempt suppressed by several chapters of Space Marines.

A Wh40k: Rogue Trader fanart. The marine is based on C100 marines.

M6mIaAk.png

A Space Monk from Executioners chapter kills a Space Marine renegade from Black Spiders legion in a chainsword duel.

YQK3a8b.png

An isolated team of Space Marines from the Crimson Fists legion is ambushed by Orks.

Back