RT/2d Ed orks (p. 8, freebooter possessed warphead)

Orjetax

Edit -
freebooter possessed warhead on p. 8
MM20 space ork on page 8.
Still more LE 22 bazooka orcs on page 7.

I've recently finished painting some very fine rogue trader and second edition orks.
Absolutely love the character in these old models.

The whole war band -- as it stands now.

Really satisfied with the way the standard bearer came out.

And my three favorite of the lot.

Next to be painted: some of the very fine marauder 40k orks . . .
Comments and criticism always welcome!

Attachments

• Waa 2.jpg
    Waa 2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 4,872
  • waa3.jpg
    waa3.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4,872
  • waa4.jpg
    waa4.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 4,872

Chico

Re: Orjetax's RT and Second Ed Orks

Looking good, i love your Blood Axe Boy, Freebooter and Madboy. Heh Marauder 40k Orks . . .Now where have I've seen those before lol

Orjetax

Thank you sir! I'll be giving those marauder orks a good home.

The Madboy is a great sculpt, and very blood axe-y.

phreedh

Great stuff, looks very well painted - but please post bigger pics next time! =)

zedmeister

Love 'em. I'll always have a soft spot for Kev Adams 1st/2nd edition 40k Orks and I keep meaning to start a collection, but with the pile I've currently got, I've got enough to worry about! So full of character with their Grinnin', Smirkin' and caricatured yobbishness about them. Couple that with the brilliant Waaagh!, 'ere we go and Freebooterz books and who wouldn't want a small warband of Orks.

Hmmm, wonder how much old Orks go for these days. Ork V Ork warbands using those background books with their Mekboy repair cards and Malfunction Cards.

Chico

zedmeister":3jh1pjbp said:
Hmmm, wonder how much old Orks go for these days. Ork V Ork warbands using those background books with their Mekboy repair cards and Malfunction Cards.

The old Orks boyz go for around £1-£2 each, Marauder boys around £2-£3, Nobz/Freebooters anywhere from £1 - £10 depending on which one. RT and 2nd Ed Dread £10, Battlewagon at least £30. The books go anywhere from £10 to £30 (I got all my 3 together for £25)

zedmeister

I've got all the books and even an old battlewagon, though it is in a very poor state. Just wondering with I should try to re-condition it or put it up for trade with the rest of the boyz. Threads like these make me re-consider!

Chico

Well re-conditiond the BW will get more interest and therefore make more cash, but the old plastic likes to melt if you're not careful when paint stripping. If your selling your old Ork bits be sure to post a list on this forum as there are a few of us Ork Hunters on it. Also i claim first dibs on your Battlewagon lol

zedmeister

Oh don't worry, all future models I have for trade will be going through here first. It is a bit battered with the two front wheels snapped off and lots of other minor damage across it. It was submersed in simple green for a few weeks which has softened the paint, I reckon another good dunk or two plus a sonic bath will get most of it off.

Chico

I stripped my Battlewagon a few weeks ago, i only left it in a Dettol bath for a couple of hours it removed all the paint but there was some warping of the back axle.

Orjetax

Zedmeister, that BW will get snapped up fast around these parts.

And thanks everyone for your good words. I'll be sure to take larger pictures next time.
Including of the cybork freebooter . . . whom I was clearly unwise to stick in the back rank.

Looking forward to getting more done and pictures posted.

Orjetax

New additions!

I've painted two of the Marauder 40k Orks:

And from the back:

Mrs. Orjetax pitched in on painting the khaki and the transfers, so she gets her proper attribution.

Anyone seen other painted examples of these? I've done some searching without success.

I also took better photos of the Freebooter, Madboy, and Bloodaxe from the original post:

I had a suggestion for bigger photos last time . . . how's this looking? Too big or about right?

As always, your comments and suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• Mrdr.JPG
    Mrdr.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,361
  • Mrdr2.JPG
    Mrdr2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,361
  • mrdr3.JPG
    mrdr3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,361

phreedh

I'd say they're a bit on the big side. Remember, a lot of people use small laptops or mobile devices to browse and not all of them (I'm looking at you Android) cope well with embedded images larger than the screen. So, we're back to the image dimensions recommended in the late 90s or early 2000s. 800x600 pixels is a decently sized image that will still be worthwhile viewing on a bigger screen but small enough to fit embedded on most mobile devices except smaller mobile phones. Also file size is a factor to consider again, as many use 3G/4G accounts to surf and there might be monthly data limits or cost is directly correlating to the data traffic useage.

That being said, I like your orks! =D

Just John

Lovely Orkses - but I'm withe Phreedh on this one, your photos are too big.

Chico

Just John":2h6ly1mc said:
Lovely Orkses - but I'm withe Phreedh on this one, your photos are too big.

Damnit.. why didn't you wait till he took a picture of a Ork Nob, before saying its too big :razz:

Orjetax

Thanks. I guess I'm bracketing it artillery style.

Too far . . . Too close . . .

I'm bound to get it next time

:mrgreen:

Orjetax

Thanks

I got my hands on them recently. I had not previously realized that marauder did any 40k sculpts.
I'm happy with these.

I am puzzled by the ork on the right . . . Is his bolter growing out of his head? Is the bolter concave and that's why his head and helmet fit flush against it?
Does the concave bolter have room for his ear to tuck in, or does this ork just lack an ear on that side?

We may never truly understand these mysteries.

Back