Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Nightmare Legion + Odds/Ends)

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 am

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Cultists/Disciples)

The two fellows in the center, the Ramshackle miniature and I assume the chaos wizzard? . . . They make great leader types for the unit, and yeah, they look great together. :) Nicely done!

Post Mon May 08, 2017 10:58 pm

I like the look of that regiment, great job using just black and steel. The two additions to the original unit are a nice fit, and add a lot of character, plenty of backstory left to be told.
My Oldhammer blog: The Lost and the Damned

Post Mon May 15, 2017 5:51 am

Thanks!

I added the last few troopers, plus an old Citadel cleric (front rank, to the right) who also seemed to fit as another champion. I still have a second Disciples command set, but don't know how soon I will paint them. Maybe just the standard bearer and musician? Looks like I can use this as either a medium-large unit, or split them into two smaller ones.

Post Mon May 22, 2017 4:51 pm

Tr00 kvlt Grim and Frostbitten Red Redemptionists. \m/

Post Mon May 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Lovely unit, and I do love that chaos wizard!

Post Fri May 26, 2017 10:46 am

The robes have come out really well

Post Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:24 pm

ZeroTwentythree wrote:

(Undeadish giant and witch, shown with an ogre for scale)

Where's the witch from?

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:32 am

So, Photobucket.... Done with that drama and just moving on. I barely have time to paint, let alone fix image painting threads in three different forums. So unfortunately the old images will remain broken, and I will be hosting elsewhere (something long overdue) from now on.

A lot of old pics and posts can be found at http://www.zerotwentythree.com/ . I've got plans to update the static photo gallery pages soon, but most pics should already be there in old entries.

stone cold lead wrote:
ZeroTwentythree wrote:
(Undeadish giant and witch, shown with an ogre for scale)

Where's the witch from?

I'm going to assume this is the missing pic...

...in which case the witch is from Foundry's Ancient Germans. (I'm a huge fan of that range, in general.)
https://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collect ... anic-women

It's been a while since I posted new stuff here. In fact I've been painting very slowly, especially as I've been travelling a lot for work, busy with family commitments, etc. But my recent project has been a unit of half-orc mercenaries. I don't have any of the old Citadel figures, and don't have the patience nor money for collecting them. So I went hunting for suitable alternates. I found a few good options. This is the first. (My tentative plan is for a small mercenary contingent -- two melee units, one unit of skirmishers/scouts, a shaman and a leader.) They are Black Tree Design "Orcs of the Crimson Wave." Part way through the unit, I wanted to add some more variety of sculpts & sizes, so I painted up two of Reaper's orcs that I thought fit well (and I'm very happy with them!) I may return to the unit and add some smaller orcs that I feel fit with the unit as well -- Bob Olley orcs from Reaper and/or some old Asgard orcs. Not strictly "oldhammer" I guess, but they have that same vibe for me.

So, I am (mostly) sone with Rotghar's%20Headhunters -- half-orc mercenaries -- other than adding a standard and possibly some insignia on some of the shields. So... I guess 98% done?

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:30 am

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Half-Orcs)

Not sure how Oldhammery this all is, but here's what I've been working on...

I'll ease into it with these two, which are old.... yet plastic. My friends and I never would have gotten into WFB as hardcore as we did if it wasn't for the old Fantasy Regiments and Skeleton Horde/Army plastics. I have recently come across a few of each, so plan on painting them all for nostalgia. (My originals got traded off long ago.)

I painted the gobbos up thinking they might work well to bulk up the small number of some newer figures I was working on. But sadly, I don't think they quite fit in.

Lastly, some middlehammerish Citadel wight cavalry. Like the wight infanttry I painted previously, I never cared for these figures, but once I started painting them they sort of grew on me.

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Marienburg, Undeadish, etc! (Nightmare Legion)

I finished the last few Nightmare Legion I have, in hopes of working up to a horde for shhhh.... playing Kings of War in November. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Showroom