Old school Chaos warrior

majorsmith

Chaos Warrior in green armour

photo-23_zpsa974c7b2.jpg

My favourite chaos warrior sculpt, yay! Got him from the Heroes for Dungeonquest box I think, still have him on the shelf. Like the heavy feel of the massive metal armour, well done!

Orlygg

Interesting! Did you use glazes to tint the armour green, or did you blend inks into your metallics. This model really reminds me of the mid 80s colour schemes for chaos warriors, before they all went God specific. Excellent no matter the method..

majorsmith

cheers guys, i was aiming for a more old school feel to the armour, i remember issue 100 of white dwarf where they used inks, and i thought i would have a bash, i worked up from boltgun metal to mithril silver, then washed wth thraka green, then when dry went into the recesses and shadow again with thraka green, i then re touched the highlights with thinned mithril silver, and then gloss varnished.

phreedh

Very nice Major! I did a similar thing, but with weaponry, on a few models last year. Nothing screams oldschool as much as tinted metallics. Well, possibly milliput bases. =)

Back