40k by Subedai

Impressive to see a unit that size all painted to such a high standard. So much more interesting and characterful than the usual 2nd edition plastic monopose gretchin mob.

Man, they are great! They are obviously very well painted, but I also like the great variety of colours you have chosen for them.

Subedai

Thanks all for the feedback! Any variation in colours throughout the Gretchin mob mostly came about due to them being painted over the course of nearly twenty years... However I do try to achieve this more purposefully now as well by mixing up the base colours and washes I use for the skin.

The latest addition to the warband is a Mekboy with his Gretchin attendant.

Fuxxx

I've always stuck to Warhammer Fantasy, so I dont know anything about old 40k stuff. Its really nice to learn about it here ;) The Mek looks great :)

Subedai

Thank you for the feedback! I'm keeping my skintone method quite simple, and the results do vary over time. It's a base mid-green, followed by Athonian Camoshade wash and then highlighting with thinned Rotting Flesh. Sometimes a bit of pure white on knuckles etc.

Since it's Orktober, I'm expanding the Warboss' retinue with its first Boss and a Gretchin attendant.

Back