40k by Subedai

Subedai

I haven't worked on any 40k project for a long time since I am trying to finish some Fantasy armies. Inspired mostly by Frank FJA's Eldar I couldn't resist painting up a test model though for what should become a skirmishing force at some point. I wanted to avid any metals, assuming the Eldar are mostly manufacturing in ceramics and plastics. I'm offsetting the white armour with black, mean looking special forces style weaponry. I think I'll keep the same technique for all helmets but vary the colour combinations for each warrior.

Attachments

• rogue-trader-eldar-01.jpg
    rogue-trader-eldar-01.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 4,043
  • rogue-trader-eldar-02.jpg
    rogue-trader-eldar-02.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4,043

Orjetax

These are some of my favorite old school Eldar that folks have posted here. I'm a big fan of the way you've painted the helmets.

Subedai

Thank you for the kind words!

The lining around the armour plates didn't take long - I used a basecoat of light grey, then applied Agrax Earthshade in the recesses, it flows into all the right places pretty much by itself. The helmet took some attempts and was the result of a glaze gone wrong - the base colour is aquamarine, and I tried painting some patterns in black onto it, but the result wasn't look very exciting. So I added some red glaze in the recesses, but found that it didn't flow as I was intending but covered up the whole area. Quite liking the resulting shade, I instead painted new patterns with aquamarine on top, with a few highlights in pure white, watered down.

Here's the second trooper I finished. No helmet this time, just big hair.

Attachments

• rogue-trader-eldar-01.jpg
    rogue-trader-eldar-01.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,973
  • rogue-trader-eldar-02.jpg
    rogue-trader-eldar-02.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3,973

Mason

Some quality paintwork on those fellas.
Never easy to pull off the white ceramic armour thing but they have come out great.

I shall be following this thread with interest as I have just started working on some Eldar conversions and this should prove very helpful and inspirational.

Subedai

So it would seem I haven't been working on Rogue Trader for a while.

No more Eldar as yet, but I have started some Blood Axes. One Blood Axe for now to be precise, and two Gretchin followers.

Orjetax

Yes! These are great, Subedai.

I have seldom seen those old Gretchin painted. It's a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subedai

Thank you for the comments! I managed to finish another trio of Gretchin - two old school and one newfangled 2nd edition model.

symphonicpoet

Orks? You don't need orks! You have yourself a splendid band of free grotz right there. :grin: Of course, if by orks you mean Freebooterz to hire them, why then . . . carry on! :) Great band of grotz!

Back