Cap'n Smyrk's Random Painted Stuff

Cap'n Smyrk

So been lurking on here and thought since my collection of Oldhammerish stuff has reached a reasonable size I'd post some of it here.

More pics and a bit of background for some of the named characters are on my blog http://capnsmyrk.blogspot.co.uk/.

First here's my total output from last year, not much by some people's standard but I've only recently got back into painting 28mm stuff.

BkLqos.jpg

My Necromunda Escher gang, still have the rest of the boxset to do.

WIRyIh.jpg

My Eldar forces, only the basic warriors in this shot, got a few Fire Dragons I've just finished and a Scout.

OZIZzw.jpg

The rest are characters for my Necromunda/Rogue Trader campaign idea, located on the world of Euphoria.

w7qT2m.jpg

The former Rogue Trader Captain Julius T. Smyrk and his crew (as currently painted at least).

ZDU1h4.jpg

Psi-Judge Anjersen and the front line of Euphoria's Arbites Precinct.

kGnLqs.jpg

The mysterious Emissary of the Incandescent Astral Wyrm cult.

E2DXDf.jpg

So that's a start anyway. Will add more as I have more to show.

Cap'n Smyrk

Mason

Some nice looking stuff in there.
:grin:

Now you got me thinking tht I may need an Eldar musician after all..... :roll:

Cap'n Smyrk

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

theottovonbismark":j14hrv0g said:
Nice set of models indeed, love the arbites PJ's.
The arbites are pleased you like their pajamas :lol:

Got a few more things painted over the last few days.

DSCF0011_zpszrt0z740.jpg

The one in the centre and the one on the right are new to go with the one on the left I painted last year, just need to get the Exarch done and possibly the two 3rd Edition Dragons I also have.

DSCF0008_zps7exwqusf.jpg

This ones still WIP but I think the bone is some of my best painting so far.

DSCF0006_zpsuwqmo1z1.jpg

Finally I've finished a new member for my ex-Rogue Trader's crew, which given his numerous Star Trek references just had to be a Redshirt... :grin:

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Thanks guys.

Got a couple of pictures of the finished Death Jester. Been attempting to improve my photography but I suspect most of the improvement in these pics is due to uploading a higher quality jpg rather than down to me but oh well. :roll:

DSCF0012_zpsx0gyykbp.jpg

DSCF0011_zps5i2wrhkw.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

symphonicpoet

You have some great stuff there. I like your taste in "random" sci-fi stuff. I have several of those myself, and those as I don't (your emissary to the astral worm cult, for instance) I want. Lovely stuff.

Cap'n Smyrk

Thanks

The diamond pattern took two attempts before it got to that stage. It still not that neat but given that its on cloth I think it works.

The Emissary is a Bob Olley Iron Claw Space Pirate, called Star Raven in all the ads although it has Time Lord on its tab...
He was the mini that set me off on my Oldhammer kick in fact, although I missed out on him at the time and he took some finding after I had acquired rather a lot of other stuff first. I'll admit his scheme is based on Magneto in the new X-Men films, mostly because his mask reminded me of Magneto's helmet...

Cap'n Smyrk

symphonicpoet

Oh, I know the mini well enough, I'm just envious as I haven't seen one at a price I was willing to pay quite yet. That particular pirate has always been about my favorite of the old Olley pirates. (Though I've recently grown fond of Lorita, who is in my collection.)

Cap'n Smyrk

In retrospect was probably a bit silly of me to imagine you didn't... :grin:

I probably paid a bit much for him (certainly one of the priciest figure I've bought) but as I said he was what started this all for me.

He seems to pop up quite regularly on ebay this side of the pond of late, although I haven't really be paying much attention to how much he's been going for.

Cap'n Smyrk

Protist

Higher quality .jpg is always a bonus, but the lighting certainly is improved. Nice looking models and a sweet lil' collection ;)

Cap'n Smyrk

Just finished painting another couple of minis for my warbands.

'Ace' Ryker the first mate of my eponymous former Rogue Trader.

DSCF0011_zpsobtdna9e.jpg

This finishes the "personalities" in Smyrk's crew just need to paint a few more 'redshirts' and it will be done.

And Judge Diens, head of the Euphoria Arbites Precinct.

DSCF0008_zpsgaq3rbhj.jpg

Just bought the old Arbite with grenade launcher to give the Precinct a little more firepower. Now all I need are the original Arbite with Bolter and the 2nd Ed one with a shotgun (oh and the 2nd Ed Arbite Leader but I can't see ever being willing to pay the price he normally goes for... :mad: ).

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Thanks for the comments guys.

Been on a bit of a roll at the moment, got Lorrita from the Iron Claw Pirates painted, not varnished yet and might add a little first anyway but here what she's up to so far.

DSCF0003_zpsmetzir6l.jpg

DSCF0005_zpsnzww7fnr.jpg

Shes joining the Cult of the Incandescent Astral Wyrm in my Euphoria campaign so heres a shot of her with the leader of the cult.

DSCF0006_zps4h5pvt5w.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

Back