Cap'n Smyrk's Random Painted Stuff

symphonicpoet

I found Lorita to be a particularly challenging miniature, but I'm glad to have her painted up. Didn't care for her at first, but I warmed to her gradually.

Cap'n Smyrk

Yeah I struggled a bit with her too, still not entirely happy with the skin (although I struggle with skin a lot so...) not helped by the fact that when I painted the face I found a rather obvious mould line I hadn't notice and removed prior to priming.
Plus she has more skin on display that most of the other ones I've done so far.

She probably ranks as one of the longest standing models in my collection, she was one of the first ones I acquired (having just discovered the Iron Claw range) and I've only just got around to painting her.

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Well maybe not that impressive, I've only been collecting for a couple of years, not like I've had her lying around unpainted for a couple of decades or anything. :grin:

I can certainly agree with symphonicpoet though she's definitely grown on me since I painted her.

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Painted up a couple of new minis, an Astropath and a fantasy fighter, although she is intended for my 40k Euphoria setting.

DSCF0007_zpsiikybkjz.jpg

Fairly standard scheme for the Father Toil the astropath.

DSCF0002_zpstxjgu2fz.jpg

"Klotilde Ironface" was quite difficult to get a good photo of, she's so tiny! :shock: My camera isn't good enough for getting close up shots of such small models.

DSCF0005_zpsikzjlsra.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

symphonicpoet

I hate it when I find a mold line after I start painting, but man, it happens all the time. They become more obvious when you lay on the first coat of color. More than once I've found myself scraping and filing on a partially painted model. Little flash tabs also have a nasty way of hiding between fingers and toes. It can be quite infuriating.

Cap'n Smyrk

My latest finished mini, Inquisitor Tycho for my Euphoria project. He's taken a while to come to fruition, I started him at the same time as the Arbite above but didn't really have a colour scheme in mind so work on him came to a halt until I came up with an idea.

Nothing too drastic just Codex Grey, shaded with a bit of watered down Adeptus Battle Grey and Fortress Grey highlights. Tried to make his hat look a bit like a Bishop's mitre.

DSCF0001_zpspxl3t7gz.jpg

DSCF0003_zpsfv9sizgq.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

axiom

Nice work! Did you find the front scabbard as tricky to work out the details on as I did? The sculpting could have been a bit crisper I feel :grin:

Cap'n Smyrk

Yeah its definitely not the best but I could just to make out most of flame pattern on mine. It was raised just enough to take the paint with a gentle brushing.

Cap'n Smyrk

Got a couple of new minis done this week.

These two are William and Jakob Dymm, AKA the Brothers Dymm. They are members of my Cult of the Astral Wyrm.

DSCF0003_zpsvlgsnmlc.jpg

DSCF0005_zpsa2xhczag.jpg

Heres the whole cult that I've got done so far.

DSCF0006_zpsf8agb98u.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Latest member of the Astral Wyrm Cult.

Gvin Wezil, space pirate, mutant, all-round bad-egg...

DSCF0086_zps1dkzuzll.jpg

DSCF0085_zpsylb4ud0v.jpg

And a pic of the whole cult so far.

DSCF0087_zpsdp9oskyy.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Long time no see, been going through a bit of a dry spell oldhammer-wise recently.

But finally I got myself back into the swing of things with this Imperial Assassin.

DSCF0007_zps3lvcaukp.jpg

DSCF0006_zpsbdmfpiij.jpg

He'll be joining forces with my Inquisitor. Plus I just realised that I hadn't shown off the rest of his retinue here yet so here's a pic of Tycho and a couple of his other minions.

IR5_zps4nuzhr2e.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Some pics of my latest minis.

Regis Evangeline Margeritte d'Sarck, Governor of the Imperial world of Euphoria.

DSCF0031_zpsq1k7yjbq.jpg

DSCF0032_zpsugb8wefv.jpg

A Black Scorpion minis Governor's Daughter from their pirates range. Had to give her a new nose this being my first attempt at green stuffing, so is probably a little big. :shock:
Just don't mention that to her... ;)

Her personal bodyguard, Tyghert Ankh, in full ceremonial armour.

DSCF0022_zps9wgehkkw.jpg

DSCF0024_zpsrvlvbhf1.jpg

The Regis and her whole entourage so far.

DSCF0027_zpsnhc8dop3.jpg

Cap'n Smyrk

Cap'n Smyrk

Finished my first models of the year, a couple of additions to my Cultists.

Brother Waldo.
DSCF0004_zpssbpixswr.jpg

DSCF0006_zpsdneahrrd.jpg

And Brother Hertz.
DSCF0007_zps20czmulv.jpg

DSCF0009_zpscxkstsb8.jpg

Still need to get a pic with the rest of the cult but my camera needed recharging after taking these.

Cap'n Smyrk

Back