Show Us Your Painted Iron Claw Megabots!

Orjetax

I just bought an iron claw megabot, which I'd long been looking for.

See here if you're not familiar with the model - http://www.solegends.com/ironclaw/iclimiteds.html

I don't think I've ever seen a painted example. And some googling did not reveal any painted examples either.

I'd enjoy seeing how others approached this mini, which looks gloriously weird (as befits an Olley sculpt).

Anyone have any photos of painted copies to share?

Skarsnik

http://www.sodemons.com/rhrare/40kmegabot/index.htm

L07A2856-130422-02.jpg

Orjetax

So be it. My Google fu is shit.

But these are awesome examples. Mine, uh, won't be as good . . . But this is great inspiration nonetheless.

phreedh

Orjetax":s5vnas2l said:
So be it. My Google fu is shit.

But these are awesome examples. Mine, uh, won't be as good . . . But this is great inspiration nonetheless.
Yeah, and I found all sorts of cool things when googling for that. So thanks for the inspiration, you too! :)

Let me know if you grow tired of the model... I have a controller who needs his megabot! :grin:

symphonicpoet

Yeah, I'm jealous of the Megabot. I just lost an e-Bay auction for one yesterday. I thought all sly like I was going to get one on the cheap, but it ran up in the last minutes. (I was there bidding, but I never bet high enough. Went for seventy, I think, which is a song, really. Should have kept going.)

phreedh

symphonicpoet":3cpdf5cd said:
Went for seventy, I think, which is a song, really. Should have kept going.)
Really? That's seventy US dollaroos, not proper money - right? Regardless, that's way more than I would pay for a mini. It's not even very big. I would still want one, very much - but not at that price! =D

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":28hcnl7f said:
Yeah, I'm jealous of the Megabot. I just lost an e-Bay auction for one yesterday. I thought all sly like I was going to get one on the cheap, but it ran up in the last minutes. (I was there bidding, but I never bet high enough. Went for seventy, I think, which is a song, really. Should have kept going.)

Well, on the upshot, at least now you know it went to a good home . . .

symphonicpoet

^Orjetax,

We will decide how good a home when you post your painted version. ;) Congrats to you, if you are indeed the person whom I forced to pay rather more for the Megabot than they otherwise might have. Was a good buy anyway, I think. (Obviously, or I wouldn't have bid it as high as I did.) They are neat models.

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":f2nupr9r said:
^Orjetax,

We will decide how good a home when you post your painted version. ;) Congrats to you, if you are indeed the person whom I forced to pay rather more for the Megabot than they otherwise might have. Was a good buy anyway, I think. (Obviously, or I wouldn't have bid it as high as I did.) They are neat models.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, after all. :)

symphonicpoet

My dog tried to eat one of my orks once. Fortunately she did relatively little damage to either the miniature or herself. She chewed on the darndest things. I could have killed her for chewing on a couple of my books. (Or myself for leaving them within the nozzle zone, but I could never get them all out of reach as she was large.)

Chew chew chew- you still love them! :lol:

Geez I wish I had picked up one of these, I'm pretty sure I saw one for around $50 around 09 when I started ebaying old stuff.

symphonicpoet

Still can't seem to snag a Megabot, but I did finally pick up the Roborg. Which has half the same parts, right? It's just that the controller rides the thing. Bonus: It was missing the claw arm and gun, so I made my own, thus making the thing unique among all the Mr. Megaborg Robotos.

DSC04863-1.jpg

DSC04870-1.jpg

DSC04871-1.jpg

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":2hftvbua said:
Still can't seem to snag a Megabot, but I did finally pick up the Roborg. Which has half the same parts, right? It's just that the controller rides the thing. Bonus: It was missing the claw arm and gun, so I made my own, thus making the thing unique among all the Mr. Megaborg Robotos.

Yes, it's great! I especially like the alternating colors. I'm glad you posted it in this thread.

I've noticed a couple Megabots on ebay at high buy it now prices . . . but they haven't moved in the year and a half at least that I've watched them. You may want to consider making an offer.

My megabot above is now finished but not yet photographed.

Back