It's the Season to get Painting

popevaderii

Been rather slack recently but this week I dug out my paints and promised myself that I'd get cracking with my lead pile

First up a Minotaur that's been hanging about for ages,

Also a dwarf hero I painted for the Bugmans painting competition

Mason

Lovely!

That Minotaur is one of the first figures that I had from the Citadel range.
I may have to track another one down.

symphonicpoet

Very nice work. I do love the dwarf and the two minotaurs. Very nice work on the flesh tones in particular. They have a very nice dusty/grizzled, veteran look about them.

butchyboy73

Love the guardsman...or is he a commissar, ; though the pink trim is maybe a bit less martial than I would've chosen ;) lovely paint job :)

not sure about the figure in the centre, who/what is it?

popevaderii

butchyboy73":3f4w04jj said:
Love the guardsman...or is he a commissar, ; though the pink trim is maybe a bit less martial than I would've chosen ;) lovely paint job :)

not sure about the figure in the centre, who/what is it?

Thanks, the Commissars trim is actually red but for some reason it's photographed pinker than it actually is. As for the middle figure, indeed a Harliquin. The paint job gives him a camp 'I am Star Lord' kind of feel...well that's what I think anyhow :)

Lovely work with some subtle yet defining tones; think that the first two minis are my favourites of the bunch - very tidy work on the eyes :)

Must try and get my brushes back out over the next week or so as I've splashed nothing more exciting than primer these past couple of months.

popevaderii

Must post all my Space Wolves but here are a few Slaanesh cultists...Brett, Owen and Neidhart.

24058723_10154838979247001_349.jpg

23905223_10154838979232001_767.jpg

23795468_10154838979242001_808.jpg

Great paint jobs. Love the minotaurs. I have an absolutely gorgeous old Citadel minotaur figure that I keep jibbing out of painting as I'm not convinced I'll do it justice. Filled some gaps with Milliput several decades ago and got no further. This may have inspired me to dig it out and perhaps paint it over Xmas.

Back