Gogg, whoe aete young Hamm, ye Farmer's Lad

Galadrin

Just finished the basic colour blocks on our new giant. He's a Mountain Giant from Splintered Light Miniatures (previously the German company Metal Magic) and I think he's a perfect size for a Warhammer giant (not too big to distract from the other minis, but big enough to be noticed on the table). And he fits nicely onto a 40mm base! The other models are GW Bretonnian spearmen and a Harlequin orc (I think that range of orcs is a spot on match for later Kev Adams stuff). Let me know what you think!

IMG_0436_zpse3853b66.jpg

IMG_0437_zps3a47961a.jpg

IMG_0441_zps37e24e8c.jpg

Erny

He is great, had my eye on him a while, phreedh is a big fan too I think.

The BTD orcs are ok you have to pick and choose which ones you use, 15 years ago before I discovered Ebay they made up about half my o&g force. The sculpture is perhaps a level or two below citadel but hen the price more than makes up for it! A nice paint job like yours also helps them work. And yes I think they were designed to fit in with citadel released in the mid 90s.

Blue may be after yor retainers.

Padre

He's great - he's got that long-limbed 'giantism' thing going on that suits low-fantasy giants very well (forgive the pun). The newest GW is too big. Pricewise too.

phreedh

Erny":uwlyo0af said:
He is great, had my eye on him a while, phreedh is a big fan too I think.
You think right, sir! =) Great job, it's one of my favourite giants and from one of my favourite sculptors from one of my favourite companies from one of my favourite decades. ;)

I do love me some Josef Ochmann, yes I do. It might be pertinent to mention that Mega Miniatures are closing down (they stock a lot of the old Metal Magic ranges) and the miniatures are much, much nicer than their paintjobs suggest. Look at lostminis wiki (where pics from the MM catalogues are shown) or metal-magic.de for some nice paintjobs!

Back