Andrew's Oldhammer Project Log

ardyer

Finished a couple of Marauder Dark Elves this weekend. Not real happy with the photo, but I'm to lazy to retake it for a better shot!

ardyer

axiom":3bj39fx7 said:
Look great! The bases are a nice touch - what grass clumps are you using?

The grass and weed clumps are straight from Stone Cold Leads' tutorial: http://stonecoldlead.webs.com/simple-bu ... ive-basing

If you're in the US, the codes are the same but the names are different. I can get the codes for you tonight, but I think they are the late autumn weeds, late autumn two tone tufts, and one of the autumn single tone tufts.

Erny

Yes very nice. I have an almost comprehensive collection of Marauder DE but no DE021. I sometime wish I'd gone with blue or purple skin it does look good.

ardyer

Erny":3ivkxu98 said:
Yes very nice. I have an almost comprehensive collection of Marauder DE but no DE021. I sometime wish I'd gone with blue or purple skin it does look good.

I'll check to see if I have an extra 21, I don't think I do, but they're in a big pile on my shelf so its easy to loose track :lol:

ardyer

mbh":kzfgxt95 said:
great stuff

how did you paint the skin?

Basecoat was Rakarth Flesh + the Fang (shadow grey), washed with a 66/33 mix of Drakenhof Nightshade/Reikland Fleshwash, Highlight with base and then keep mixing in pure white for highlights. The most recent two were done that way anyway, the previous 3 shown were each done slightly differently. The lips were painted mixing liche purple (although it might have been demonette hide) into the base.

ardyer

More pictures of the Dark Elves from the August Painting Challenge:

An old 40k RT servitor/adventurer model:

I wish I had gone with dark green instead of blue for the body suit.

Not old hammer, but a WIP Empire Priest I'm working on:

ardyer

Just John":3eefrxs8 said:
Lovely painting. The poor old slotta based warrior looks petrified beside the 3rd ed figures :)

The biggest problem with the preslotta is that I mounted them on the base at an angle, and now they look crooked in the unit!

Just John

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. I can see how that would be a problem. Funnily enough I was just reading a thread elsewhere about slotta bases and one of the advantages of round over square was that positioning didn't matter. Apologies for directing my next comment to someone else - See Blue round bases have a use after all ;)

Chico

Just John":2travxvt said:
I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. I can see how that would be a problem. Funnily enough I was just reading a thread elsewhere about slotta bases and one of the advantages of round over square was that positioning didn't matter. Apologies for directing my next comment to someone else - See Blue round bases have a use after all ;)

Or you can just cut the preslotta base.. :razz:

Asslessman

Wowo, I really like the RT adventurer, actually am in my RT adventurer phase atm. I find the dark blue quite adapted since it looks like some sort of motorcycle suit or something. The priest is very well painted though I don't really fancy this model because of it's FAR too long arms and ape face. You've done him more than justice.

Back