Andrew's Oldhammer Project Log

ardyer

So I intended to get some pictures of my older stuff this weekend, but remembered that I'd already photographed these vintage Dwarf Thunderers:

Thunderers.jpg

Eight of them are the old Marauder thunderers, the Musician is from the Marauder MB1 regiment, I'm not sure where the Champion is from, but I love the model, and the Standard Bearer and one more are the current plastics.

I'll have more to come soon, including some close ups of these guys.

Blue in VT

Re: Various Painted Stuff

Excellent work! 8-) those are some great looking thunderers. Some of the best marauder sculpts IMO.

Cheers,

Blue

ardyer

Thanks for all the compliments! And look what came in the mail today:

20130315_183301_zps11e7d1d3.jpg

ardyer

Here are some close ups of the Thunderers and an old Hammerer (How I hate the "new" hammerers!) and an old Iron Breaker;
thunderer1_zps769be637.jpg

thunderer2_zps2f4a331b.jpg

thunderer3_zps630e9abb.jpg

thunderer4_zpsddd1f730.jpg

thunderer5_zpsd55ff181.jpg

clansmen1_zps292c455a.jpg

ardyer

Here is an old school Keeper of Secrets and Champion of Slaanesh I painted about a decade ago. I had a bunch of the champions but I appear to have traded them off as I can't find them.
slaanesh_zpse81fed98.jpg

And finally, here are some old metal Night Goblins. I'm not really sure if these came out in 3rd or 4th edition, but either way, I think they are such great sculpts:
ng1_zpsc0100482.jpg

ng2_zpsee75b46c.jpg

ng3_zps1c0adb6c.jpg

ng4_zps33020f0b.jpg

phreedh

The gobbos are fourth, but still charming as fuck! Thanks for posting this leaden melange, all look great!

exilesjjb

more great painting is there anyone on this forum who can't paint to such a great std :?

Orlygg

I love the Slaaneshi stuff. I've always had a soft spot for the original KoS. And mightily impressive dwarven beards too!

ardyer

Finished this Ogre Captain last week:
ogre_zps941c0078.jpg

I used pigments to do the mud at the base, not entirely happy with the way it came out. My idea was an Ogre Captain looking across the battlefield after victory and surveying the carnage. The pics are a bit washed out, but I think I might should have taken the highlights on the flesh further.

Harry

Great mini, great paint job.
I don't think it would hurt to give another highlight to the flesh.
But then the words 'gilding' and 'lily' spring to mind. :grin:

wytchelf

I do like that Ogre mini. You've done a really cool paint job on him there.

He has to be one of the two best Ogres citadel ever produced IMHO. The other being the original Skragg.

Kev.

ardyer

Thanks, guys! It is amazing how the quality of the sculpt affects the paint job. I think that when they are this good, it just brings out your best work.

Spooktalker

You did that ogre justice! He's one I had wanted, but wasn't willing to fork over big $ for. Then he dropped into my lap in a lot of random figs! So he's on my to paint list.

BTW, move the camera back from the figure a little (increase the focal distance). You are getting a fish-eye effect. Also, as much as possible shine the light on the figure from the front to avoid backlighting. If you have to rely on overhead lights be sure they are above and in front, rather than directly above or above and behind.

ardyer

Spooktalker":csv29bdp said:
You did that ogre justice! He's one I had wanted, but wasn't willing to fork over big $ for. Then he dropped into my lap in a lot of random figs! So he's on my to paint list.

BTW, move the camera back from the figure a little (increase the focal distance). You are getting a fish-eye effect. Also, as much as possible shine the light on the figure from the front to avoid backlighting. If you have to rely on overhead lights be sure they are above and in front, rather than directly above or above and behind.

He fell into my lap as well, I found him in the $1 used bin at my FLGS in undergrad.

I know all about the photo problems, used to be semi-pro ;) Unfortunately, I no longer have the equipment (stolen), the space (living in a major metro area), or the time (little kids) to have my photo area as I would like. Now, I mostly just have to grab two painting lamps that have long enough cords, slide stuff out of the way, and get a quick shot in a tiny lightbox. Excuses, excuses, amiright?

Back