Army Shots

weazil

I love looking at pictures of armies. I appreciate that the 28mm interpretation of army is loose and finds itself generally closer to a patrol or gang, but you get the idea. Lots of figures, in units - by all accounts an army.

Also, Don Hans inspired me with this:

IMG_3120.JPG

I thought I'd create a thread where you can post army shots. I don't want individual shots, or sports teams, or skirmish gangs - I mean armies. If you want gang shots (steady, now...) or sports shots, you can start your own gang shot thread.

Anyway, Don Hands got to open proceedings as above, but I thought I'd chuck a a shot in too:

Gromeo's+Horde+Elevation.jpg

So, show me your armies.

Orlygg

IMG_1691.JPG

Here is an old one of my Khorne force. Its missing the chaos dwarfs and the bazooka team but otherwise they are all there.

Chico

A couple of mine, I limit myself to a couple of good ones (Aka not shit pictures):

This was at the beginning of my 'stealer Cult:

gene.jpg

My Chaos Dwarfs:

560803_470518549679656_2063610820_n.jpg

Bit of a blurry photo I'm afraid but it gives the idea. Essentially a historical army that has turned into a bretonnian/ empire army (bizarrely I'm still expanding it!)
IMG_1142.jpg

Padre

About half my 'army' - the 'good guy' half:

GoodGuysAll.jpg

Although it's grown considerably since that pic was taken. Must do the bad guys some time.

Jonas

I can contribute with an old photo of these:

an001.jpg

My Epic Space Marines.

bloodletters003_zpsd52aa9d0.jpg

My World Eaters.

bloodangels-oct001.jpg

My Blood Angels.

Don Hans

What a great thread! So much awesomeness :grin:
The first pic looks familiar - I'm certain I seen that army somewhere... ;)
/Hans

Erny

Normally I photograph units rather than whole armies which, looking at these pictures is quite an omission on my part. These look great.

The best I can manage is this from the warhammer pose thread:

DSCN1374.JPG

Full details here:
http://ernysplace.blogspot.co.uk/se...:00-08:00&max-results=8&start=7&by-date=false

I'm very busy painting up a 3rd ed Empire army at the moment so don't have time to set up anything else but I could manage maybe one or two if anyone's interested I could do any of the following pre '92 painted armies:

Wood elf, Dark elf, Chaos Khorne, Chaos Slaanesh, Undead, Dwarves. I have a few 4th ed armies too, epic (all but Eldar) and RT and 2nd ed 40K.

Erny

Skarsnik & Old Lead":2if9y6r2 said:
Cheer up Erny, it might never happen! :razz:

Just trying to copy the goblin masters pose. In retrospect he had a slight smile not a frown but given the number of attempts it took with my camera on timer even he would have been less cheerful...

whiskey priest":2if9y6r2 said:
You look like your wife has just walked in while you were giving your wee men a pep talk!

What can I say, you got me. Drooling over old lead even my own is a hands on thing.

Count Von Bruno":2if9y6r2 said:
Erny's Kitchen!

Thought I'd chip in with some mock up "in battle" pics I took a while ago

Maybe I should change the name of my blog to Erny's kitchen. Eitger a 70s cooking show or a 70s kids show.

Nice battle pictures. Are they allowed in this thread now?

Whitesun

Padre":2t45izxf said:
About half my 'army' - the 'good guy' half:

Although it's grown considerably since that pic was taken. Must do the bad guys some time.

Ok, pretty sure that qualifies as an army.. what is it made up of? All I can see clearly is the big stonking elephant in the room! :lol:

Padre

@ Whitesun: There are several armies in there - Empire, Arab (c/a Empire), Pirate (c/a Empire), Dwarfs, Wood Elves, Pygmies (c/a Lizardmen), Dogs of War, Bretonnian, Nomadic horsemen, and odds and ends. There are some closer-up pictures, but I think I already put them on a thread somewhere here .... (going to look) ... found it! See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1028&p=13824&hilit=good+guys#p13824. There would be about 150 more now.

If I did my bad guys they would be undead, pirate undead, ogres, skaven and orcs and goblins. And there are lots of them! Maybe one day?

weazil

Cheers all - definitely the sort of thing I was after. Keep 'em coming, chaps - you know you want to get your little feller's out for a nice summer photo!

Erny":1npnmoo1 said:
Nice battle pictures. Are they allowed in this thread now?

...as long as there's army scale activity happening - sure, why not? As to your other forces, yes - this thread is absolutely for you to stage army shots! Although, next time, if we could have more lead and less Erny's Kitchen, that would be good too ;)

Back