Army Shots

lornalim

Been working on this for a year or so now, plan is to bring this to BOYL. Mike McVey's skeleton paint scheme with HQ skeletons as Grim Reapers (and HQ Mummies), and converted arquebusiers and crossbowmen (why didn't they have crossbow, arquebus and musician arm sprues in the Skeleton Horde boxed set?). A smattering of Morley sculpts (Mummies, Wraiths) and later 90's Ghouls and cavalry. Also a Vargulf, with some Death Riders painted as Hexwraiths for 8th ed use. About 8000 or so points (3rd ed.) at the mo, with more in the pipeline:

Attachments

• Undead_Nameless Vengeance_ lornalim_s.jpg
    Undead_Nameless Vengeance_ lornalim_s.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 2,227

Jeff McC

Went through and pulled models by army, it would seem I can't settle on just one. (painted models only of course...more waiting in the lead pile)

Orcs and the Empire were my first armies
I also managed to collect a fair amount of chaos early on.

Attachments

• empire.JPG
    empire.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 2,216
  • orcs.JPG
    orcs.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 2,216
  • chaos.JPG
    chaos.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 2,216

Jeff McC

I've had a lot of success collecting wood elves lately
and am off to a decent start on a force of dwarves too.

Attachments

• dwarves.JPG
    dwarves.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 2,216
  • wood elves.JPG
    wood elves.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 2,216

Jeff McC

The how to do oldhammer thread has resulted in a growing skaven force, with more waiting for paint in the garage
The Kings of War kickstarter got me started on undead (except the 2 wraiths which I've had forever)
and finally I've about 3000 points of dark elves, but only one has made it to the painted stage

Attachments

• dark elf.JPG
    dark elf.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 2,216
  • undead.JPG
    undead.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 2,216
  • skaven.JPG
    skaven.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 2,216
^^^ You sure do get some painting done Jeff! Tell me how you got such nice light on those army photos, my pic is terrible by contrast...

These are my Caledor-themed High Elves ("Dragons?" i hear you say, "how unexpected!"). I've been collecting them since the early 90's when I first discovered the world beyond HeroQuest. I have many, many more elves, but not painted yet. Next on my to-do list are a general mounted on horse to lead a cavalry charge, some repeater bolt throwers, another character riding an eagle because they are so much fun to play with, and I need to repair and do some touch-ups to my army standard bearer, coz he needed some loving and I treated him rough. Another unit of Reavers wouldn't go astray either. And maybe bulk up the dragon princes, and, and, and...

Jeff McC

I take the photos in the conservatory, so plenty of daylight. I usually try for a slightly overcast day, so I don't have direct sun creating harsh shadows.

Asslessman

Man I had forgotten how long it takes to get all those models of the cases :

SS852138.JPG

Opening them also reminded how much left I have to paint :shock: ... :? ... :oops: ... :roll: ... ;) ... :grin:

SS852146.JPG

SS852147.JPG

SS852149.JPG

And how much space it actually takes :

SS852150.JPG

Mister Rab

Very nice all round 8-) I particularly like that Dark Elf army, dieselmonkey, and I'm not normally a pointy-ears fan!

Lands Annex

Wow! This is inspiring stuff. If only I wasn't at work I'd be rooting about for my fledgling Skaven and Chaos warband models to get started!

BangDoll

What a lovely idea with this thread :) ! Congratulations everybody with all these beautiful army, that's propably one of my favorite thing to watch painted army. I hope that one day i'll can post something......

Spooktalker

What I've managed to paint so far of a huge lead horde. More gang-sized ATM but am in the midst of some rank and file.

That's some mighty fine greenskins there Spook! Exquisite paintwork! So clean - I'm so envious.

You have once again inspired me to go back to my orcs and goblins. I'll try not to faint at the amount of unpainted ones and put an army shot together of all the painted ones.

Bane

Spooktalker I think you have just raised the bar even higher! Lovely work on some of my favourite Orcs, they have so much character and they make a great warband. Hello ebay.....

antipixi

Spooktalker":2na7cg4j said:
What I've managed to paint so far of a huge lead horde. More gang-sized ATM but am in the midst of some rank and file.

For want of another word, these are beautiful! The subtle pastel shades give a wonderful drabness, making them look little shambolic and gruesome. Amazing work!

Still have a bunch of orcs to finish off and a HUGE amount of semi or unpainted goblins, but here's the Greenskins to date.

Attachments

• DSC02267.JPG
    DSC02267.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,519
  • DSC02268.JPG
    DSC02268.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 1,519
  • DSC02269.JPG
    DSC02269.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,519
Back