Army Shots

Asslessman

Good vanguard, would need a couple more units and added ranks here and there to be a serious threat but I guess we can start to call this a threat.

Just considering the growth rate from the before/after pics, someone has been quite busy.

symphonicpoet

I have a hard time getting good army shots. Always hard to compose them well. Smaller bands I do a bit better, but whole armies . . . ?

IMG_3356-1.jpg

That's hard.

This maybe gives a large unit battle "flavor" while still being a squad or two . . .

IMG_1856.JPG

At the time, this image probably constituted the whole of my bug army. Still very early, most still in foreign (bad) paint, but it perhaps gives the feeling of an "army" of nasty about to overcome an elite few of good . . .

IMG_1855.JPG

. . .

Please forgive me in advance, as I'm about to go off topic a little ways, maybe you'd even call it off the deep end . . .
Army photos aren't my specialty, but navies I do pretty well.

IMG_1430%2B2012%2BFleet%2BReview.JPG

IMG_1427%2B2012%2BFleet%2BReview.JPG

IMG_2218-1.jpg

IMG_3009-12.JPG

Though I've given up trying to fit entire collections into a frame artfully . . .

IMG_1459.JPG

And that was last year's. Didn't even TRY this year. (Shocking as it seems.)

Yeah, I agree Bruno, awesome painted collection there Composer :grin:

I'd take an army shot myself......if only I had a fully painted army to take pictures of :?

I completely missed this thread the first time round.

symphonicpoet

Thantsants":vp10djqn said:
After the triumphal march back home to Lancashire?

Remember I'm behind enemy lines as a Lancy here in York ;)

We really should hook up for a pun-tastic version of the War of the Roses fought between our Orcs though!

I should very much like to sit on the sidelines and partake as the Lancastorz take on the Yorkz. I'm thinking the Yorkz are Evil Sunz, and Edward IV is the Evil Sun in Splendor. Richard III should, of course, be riding a boar. And the Stanleys should be human, since no one can quite trust them. Who's painting Henry Tudork?

symphonicpoet

Okay, I missed a few posts in here, somehow. Including a few of my own. (How embarrassing.) Thank you Optimus and Count von Bruno.

^Fimm,

Nice Fimir. Those look great.

^Spikehead,

Very nice work. I have a soft spot for the non-big hat dwarves. They look good and they're on the side of right and beardiness. Very good indeed.

(Note to self: grow beard. Wife won't notice, right?)

Blue in VT

Spikehead's dwarfs are some of my all-time favorite painted Marauder figures...so lush...so perfect. thanks for sharing them with us again.

Cheers,

Blue

symphonicpoet

That's a very classic army you've assembled there. I like the golden boy in the center. That wasn't one of my favorite miniatures at the time, but you've done a particularly nice job with him. Nicely done all in all.

Erny

Have you got 2nd ed space marines fitted with space crusade weapons there or are my eyes too weak and they are actually just straight up SC marines. One day I'll find time to get mine painted though probably not as lovely as these.

Asslessman

Absolutely gorgeous ! I really like the neat and dark paintjob. Not two identical model in the whole army. Just brilliant. Great job once again.

So many great looking armies can I get a close up of each and every one of them LOL. Just where is the line between oldhammer ending and what newhammer beginning? Great stuff everyone! Gc

Mason

Not quite old skool, but old nonetheless.
My Catachan-based Imperial Guard army.
Mostly sold off now, but I do still have the Command Platoon.

'A' Company,  Mordecai 7th (Combined).

Here is a group shot of the entire army.

IG027-1.jpg

The 1st Platoon.

IG026-1.jpg

The majority are the standard Catachan plastics, but Sergeants and a couple of other miniatures, including the Platoon leader, are metal.
A few conversions in there. mainly the heavy weapons.

The 2nd Platoon.

IG023-1.jpg

The same sort of composition as the 1st Platoon, but they contain an extra squad which doubled up as an Armoured Fist squad for the Hog (below).

The Hog.

IG005-1.jpg

Counts as a Chimera and transports either the third squad from the second platoon, or acted as the transport vehicle for the HQ command section.

The HQ Command Section, with attached Heavy Weapons team (converted Missile Launchers) and Sniper team.

IG015-1.jpg

A few conversions in there.

Closer in shot of the HQ Command itself.

IG019-1.jpg

Standard Command group with attached Assassin and Commissar.

The two Special Weapons teams.

IG022-1.jpg

Mostly plastics, with bits from various kits.

The Inquisitorial retinue.

IG014-1.jpg

Contains a few conversions and OOP old school 40k figures.

Ratling Sniper Squad

IG012-1.jpg

Rough Riders

IG009-1.jpg

Plastic Catachans on OOP GW Elven steeds

Ogryn Squad

IG007-1.jpg

I think that these are Grenadier Ogres (it was a looong time ago!), converted to be carrying Ripper guns, led by a converted Bloodbowl Ogre.

Leman Russ

IG002-1.jpg

With 'jungle' camo.

Sentinel Squadron.

IG004-1.jpg

Back