Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs


Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 1849

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Location: Vermont, USA

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs + Gobbos

No Doubt the Elf Cav is really spectacular in both style of the riders and the horses. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for them.

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Posts: 213

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs + Gobbos

Whilst the rest of my cavalry is soaking in a tub of Dettol, I've been trying to find inspiration for when it comes to painting them up and was just wondering if anyone had anything which might help me. Also I could do with some help with woodland bases, I'd like to do more than just sand painted brown with grass tufts. So again if anyone has some ideas please let me have them.

@Blue in VT : It amazes me how GW got horse so wrong for so long after seeing these from nearly 30 years ago !!!
User avatar

Posts: 77

Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Location: Welsh Wales

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs + Gobbos

I always fancied doing a wood elves army after seeing Mike McVeys army back in the day. Jaeckel did a posted the article here http://jaeckelalone.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/spring-summer-collection-wood-elves.html
Painting Lessons Available - http://www.dbpaintworkshop.co.uk/

Posts: 213

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs + Gobbos

Darkblade wrote:I always fancied doing a wood elves army after seeing Mike McVeys army back in the day. Jaeckel did a posted the article here http://jaeckelalone.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/spring-summer-collection-wood-elves.html



Two of the first White Dwarf's I got my hands on when I got back into hobby, and I'll definitely try to recreate the banner from his cavalry unit. And don't forget WD148 in which 2 of my favourite armies Mike McVey WodElf & Wayne England Dwarf) join forces to fight an Empire army (Perry Twins).

Posts: 213

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:36 am

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Its the beginning of a new year which can only mean resolution time and for me its all about the elfs. I've been spending the last few weeks scrubbing away and have finally removed all the old paint. Now all I have to do is get new paint on them. So here's a picture to show what I hope to paint this year, I know its not much but it will make my happy if I can get this all done.

Image
Image
User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 1849

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Location: Vermont, USA

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

A very tidy looking force! How is your supply of plastic Spears for those Cav? they are the hardest things to find when you start collecting those guys.

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Posts: 213

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Blue in VT wrote:A very tidy looking force! How is your supply of plastic Spears for those Cav? they are the hardest things to find when you start collecting those guys.

Cheers,

Blue


I've got the spears, however due to them being stuck on with vast amounts of superglue there not in the best shape. The plan is to keep as many as possible and with brass rod and greenstuff make any I need. I will also need to convert on into a standard bearer. I'll post a picture when I've finished a couple of my versions.

mbh

Posts: 733

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:23 am

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:32 am

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs + Gobbos

dazza36 wrote:Whilst the rest of my cavalry is soaking in a tub of Dettol, I've been trying to find inspiration for when it comes to painting them up and was just wondering if anyone had anything which might help me. Also I could do with some help with woodland bases, I'd like to do more than just sand painted brown with grass tufts. So again if anyone has some ideas please let me have them.

@Blue in VT : It amazes me how GW got horse so wrong for so long after seeing these from nearly 30 years ago !!!


nice horses for sure but so tiny

Resist the urge to stand a rider next to a horse to compare. It's bad.

Posts: 213

Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

@mbh: give me small over ugly every day LOL

@Blue in VT: Here's a quick photo to show my attempt at an elf spear compared to the original. The head is from an original spear with the shaft being brass rod and a mixture of milliput and greenstuff for the hand and grip.

Image
User avatar

Moderator

Posts: 1849

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Location: Vermont, USA

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Looks like a very effective replica! Well played!

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/
PreviousNext

Return to Showroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.