Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:40 am

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

The dragon motif in the shield and banner looks amazing!

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks guys glad you like.

So as I said in a previous post my plan is to use the Warhammer Armies list as an inspiration for me to paint my collection of dwarfs and not get side tracked by orcs or goblins etc! To do this I've managed to divided my collection into the various units but in doing so came across a lot of duplicates which was inevitable I guess. So I've come up with an idea to use these models to represent the same dwarf but just at different stage in their life, in other words paint one version with a grey beard and make him a longbeard!

So here are the first lot completed

Just a close up of the shield as i'm really happy with it LOL

Sadly i don't have enough copies to have the unit just made up of them but can't have everything! Here's another longbeard

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 pm

They look great and the shields with the battle damage look bloody awesome! Great work!

Post Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Managed to paint a few more up. Hope you like

I've decided to paint the command group in the colours of the King so red/yellow and will incorporate the dragon design where possible to tie them into the King's household. You can just see this on the standard bearer who carries the design on both his shield and front tunic. Once i get another puree tube i will add a flag to the pole.

Post Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:55 am

Awesome paint job ! I really like the heraldic style you've chosen.
Laurent / Sparfell

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Fantastic - great painting and some brilliant choices for colours.

I really like the damage you've added to their shields - very realistic.
Stuart Templeton

I may not be good but I'm slow!

Post Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:45 pm

I am speechless. Those flesh tones are amazing. As the freehand heraldry is great too.

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Cheers guys much appreciated.

I've taken a very small detour from trying to finish off at least one unit before end of year. I recently got my hands on a patch of dwarf crossbowmen from BOOD MINIATURES and wanted to paint one up to get an idea of how they will fit in with my OOP dwarfs.

The first thing I noticed about these dwarfs were they seemed slightly smaller and thinner than his previous dwarfs. There are 3 variants, each with the same body just different head/helmet. The crossbow is a separate item and again there are 3 variants of this. Just like with the old Citadel figures designed like this the main problem I have/had is to make it look like the crossbow is actually help by the dwarf and not simply balancing on his hands! To this end I had to remove the thumbs and a finger and then greendstuff them again to try to achieve this. The only other small issue I have is with the pouch and bolts around the back as its not the best and took my a while to even realise what it was! Sadly I don't have the sculpting skills to remove it so will just have to live with it.

Here he is all painted up

A close up

I think they are well worth the money even with the small issues I've mentioned and will fit in nicely as another unit for my slowly growing army. On top of that they will also give me a chance to try out my greenstuff skills by trying to alter the faces to create more diversity amoung them!!!

Post Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:15 pm

OMG. These are marvelous. All of them.
Absolutely stunning work.
:o

PS: saw your PM, but can't reply it seems (being a new member and all)
Previous

Return to Showroom