Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs

Lovely work, I always have a soft spot for these old dwarfs. Love the simplicty of the movement trays too, draws ones attention to the superb paint jobs.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs

Hey Dazza !! That's the first time i see your Dwarfs collection, full of nice models and your choices colors are good. Your gyrocopters squadron is so cooool, respect.
Wings on helmet too.
Nico.

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: Dwarfs Dwarfs Dwarfs + Gobbos

Ok so I'm done with dwarfs (for a while) and have been turned to the greenside, specifically early Kev Adams goblins 1989 period. I have in the past painted up a small collection of these gorgeous models as a little side project whenever I got bored of the dwarfs. Anyway I've decided to try and get my wolf riders all painted up. So I give you my first 7 these ones are my archers, which leaves only 14 more. Some of which basically painted up but just need a bit of touching up. So here you go.

And here's a few photos of some earlier painted gobbos

ImageImage

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Dazza, I'm lovin' the banner from the Wolf Rider "Lupus Weiss" - White Wolves, what material is the actual banner made from?

Cheers

Gary

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:10 pm

That's my favourite marauder troll and that's a great paint job, I especially like the purple bottom lip contrasting with the green skin. Great base too, is the pillar from a wedding cake decoration?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Very nicely painted figures - the first page had me nearly postponing my new Orc and Goblin project to search for any old Dwarfs I might have - the second page had me regretting not grabbing the old Goblin figures when I traded up a horde of Forest Goblins and Night Goblins.

Looking forward to future posts - for inspiration for my new project :)

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:08 pm

King Arthur wrote:Dazza, I'm lovin' the banner from the Wolf Rider "Lupus Weiss" - White Wolves, what material is the actual banner made from?

Cheers

Gary

The banner is made from greenstuff. Simply roll out to the right thickness and then place over something round to get the curve (I use pens) and leave to harden. Whilst that's going off I cut out the banner shape from paper to use as a template for when greenstuff has hardened. Then steal design form very old White Dwarf and hey presto !!!

Bane wrote:That's my favourite marauder troll and that's a great paint job, I especially like the purple bottom lip contrasting with the green skin. Great base too, is the pillar from a wedding cake decoration?

Mine too. The pillar is made from Milliput and Instant Mold. I managed to find an Ebay seller who had resin pillars, so I have one of those from which I can make the mold with the Instant Mold and the its a simple case of filling the mold with Milliput. The reason for doing all this is Milliput is easier to break than resin.

Elfmaster wrote:Very nicely painted figures - the first page had me nearly postponing my new Orc and Goblin project to search for any old Dwarfs I might have - the second page had me regretting not grabbing the old Goblin figures when I traded up a horde of Forest Goblins and Night Goblins.

Looking forward to future posts - for inspiration for my new project :)

That's the problem with collecting old/Oop stuff its always a case of 'IF ONLY'. Anyway glad you like.

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm

And the last of my completed wolf riders. First up a command group and secondly the first 3 of the next row.

Post Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Great stuff! Your version of that marauder troll surpasses mine many times.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi Dazza Lovely figures just joined
PreviousNext

Return to Showroom