Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Protist

It looks great in the photos - but I can imagine the bubbles and the 'miniscus' (getting all scientific heh!) would upset me after all that work. Resin is a pain; I did a stint in a boatyard and mixing it well is an art form in itself - and it's even harder in small quantities. I never really got the hang of it.

Even in that industry good old Plasticine is used to seal the tricky bits of resin molds because its easy to work and smooth up, sticky enough to stay put and firm enough to wax over so you can get the cast out again. No idea if its practical here though?

dazza36

Thanks for comments guys always appreciated

@Protist : It the same old problem trying to turn an idea into reality. I can live with the bubbles its the fact I had to trim away the edge that really bugs me LOL. I can't believe I didn't think of using plasticine !!!

So moving onwards I've managed to get the bridge nearly finished just needing some highlights and glazes in areas, but its now glued in place so thought I'd take a quick photo.

I've also been working on another Gimli rider I had lying about. I've mainly been seeing just what I can do with greenstuff so on this one I've remodelled the helmet completely and also worked on extending the cloak.

dazza36

So finished off the second Gimli. The pony needed some work to get Gimli to fit, this involved cutting in half and extending by a few millimetres and also removing the bottom of the mane so Gimli's beard and hand fitted.

Golgfag1

Nice finished article, but is that the same pony you originally started with, or did you change it?

Paul / Golgfag1

dazza36

Cheers guys glad you like.

@Golgfag1: It is the original, I think you might be confused with the second version I did. The first one used in the diorama only had the weapon and shield converted, if you look the second version also had the helmet completely redone. I'm not sure what I will be doing with the second one but hopefully it will be good.

dazza36

So a quick and probably last post to hi-light the up coming kickstarter for BOOD-WARGAMES who have created a lovely bunch of dwarfs very reminiscent of the classic Imperial dwarfs of the 80's including cavalry!!! I managed to get my hands on a couple through a small Ebay sale and felt the need to paint one up before I carried on with my break from the hobby. So without further to do here is my painted up dwarf cavalry model. I would like to say that although I have slightly converted the model this was purely down to me wanting to paint it with a lance and in no way reflects on the lovely models, also the blanket I added out of greenstuff was just so I could break up the area around the horse belly.

First the models I managed to get my hands on

My painted up model

Blue in VT

Fantastic Work!!! I too am hoping to get one of these painted up before the KS happens next month...they are great figures and I hope that Bood gets plenty of support.

I love the subtle conversion on yours and the paint job is lush as usual!

Cheers,

Blue

Gudari

It's a lovely model; I like it. In my opinion, the only mount for a Dwarf Army must be the pony horse.

dazza36

A very small update but a rather large base! This base is planned for one of my elf chariots and measures 100mm x 150mm. The trees were made from milliput and toadstools were greenstuff and paperclips. The leaves are Birch seeds I collected on my walks simple glued and painted in various colours.

Couple of close ups

That's it not much but a huge improvement compared to my complete lack of painting. Don't expect much in the way of updates but its a beginning.

Blue in VT

Looking fantastic! I really need to track down some birch seeds for when I start my Woodies up again as well. they work perfectly as shown by Dazza here.

Cheers,

Blue

Back