Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Re: Dwarfs + Gobbos + Elfs

Cheers Ardyer I'm really enjoying painting dwarfs again.

Anyway I did ask if anyone could tell where I got the idea for the last dwarf. So for anyone interested it came from a film called Robin and Marian and a bit part character in it. I definitely think there is a similarity between the 2 mainly down to the scale mail and the moustache. Here's the only images I could find but you get the point.

Post Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm

dazza36 wrote:Cheers Ardyer I'm really enjoying painting dwarfs again.

Anyway I did ask if anyone could tell where I got the idea for the last dwarf. So for anyone interested it came from a film called Robin and Marian and a bit part character in it. I definitely think there is a similarity between the 2 mainly down to the scale mail and the moustache. Here's the only images I could find but you get the point.

I've never seen that movie, which is odd because my father loved it and talked about it not-infrequently

Post Fri May 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Love the shields on the dwarfs! They look properly used!

Post Sun May 27, 2018 8:59 pm

@ardyer : Its a good film and a nice twist on the usual Robin Hood story

@Tuskerton : Cheers I'm not totally happy with them but I can't do any better LOL

Right painted up another 3. The first 2 I really wanted to tie them together due to the fact its basically the same figure! So I went for the same design and colours just reversed on one. I like the idea that they are twins or brothers. The 3rd was the first attempt to go for a more intricate design (for me LOL) I'm happy with the outcome so plan to try more tricky design when possible. So hope you like

Post Sun May 27, 2018 9:21 pm

They all look great, but the third is amazing!

Post Mon May 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Very effective choice of colors : white and green rock !
Laurent / Sparfell

Post Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 am

These are looking great, as usual.

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Cheers guys comments are always appreciated.

Right painted up 3 more and based all 10 of them. Have to say I really enjoyed painting them up and loved it every time I finished one of them, but to see all 10 of them together has been a real joy and made me so happy I've decided to go for this look with my dwarfs. I will definitely be carrying on with this scheme and have already began stripping some of my previous painted models. Anyway on with the photos hope you like...

Individual photos

Rows

Complete Unit

Next I'll be trying to finally finish off my Man-Mangler but you may have to wait to see that as my computer is dying on me so need to save up for a new one LOL

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:48 pm

That is a beautiful unit painted up!! Looking forward to see what you come up with next!

Post Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Excellent painting, the Colors are well-Chosen and the shield designs look suitably "authentic" to my eyes. Besides, seing imperial dwarves painted up is always a joy.
PreviousNext

Return to Showroom