Show us your classic Epic minis

zedmeister

So, I did promise to post some Titans, so here they are (I only have two photographed so far):

First off, my Reaver Titan, painted as per the Warp Runners legion:
warprunners-reaver1.jpg

Next up, a solitary Warhound (his mate is missing the crucial connecting ring part!)
warprunners-warhound1.jpg

In order to inspire those Epic players, I invite you to post your classic Epic painty goodness!

Just John

No No NO! - first all this Bloodbowl kerfuffle now Epic. Stop with all the distractions :grin: Lovely minis, great paintjobs.
I have an absolute ton of these in the attic. Never got around to painting any of it. I even have a show box filled with Tyranid blisters just mocking me :grin:

(Walks off muttering I will not be distracted, I will not be distracted)

zedmeister

Just John":gy9ho2l5 said:
No No NO! - first all this Bloodbowl kerfuffle now Epic. Stop with all the distractions :grin: Lovely minis, great paintjobs.
I have an absolute ton of these in the attic. Never got around to painting any of it. I even have a show box filled with Tyranid blisters just mocking me :grin:

(Walks off muttering I will not be distracted, I will not be distracted)

Go on. Just one Titan. It'll be fine. It's just one model. What's the worst that can happen? :twisted:

Oh, and those Epic Tyranids (I assume they're Epic) go for a pretty penny on Ebay, especially any plastic sprues you may have.

Just John

Yeah they are all epic, only one set of the plastic sprues though. Every now and again I take them out, look at them, think about selling them and then put them away again. Just in case :lol: I've been doing that for years

Thantsants

Never really painted mine (the few that saw paint!) up to any real standard.

Might have a sort through but I have mostly the plastics and none of the cool metal vehicles and titans :(

I hate ebay prices on that sort of thing :mad:

Dreamfish

Administrator
Great looking Titans. I used to own a lot of Epic. I started painting doing Epic and moved on to 25mm miniatures. The wife insisted to choose between the two, it made sense at the time, not so sure anymore... Loved the game though, nice set of rules. Anyhow, these are the pictures I took before putting them on ebay, :cry:

Chaos

chaos-painted.jpg

chaos-titan.jpg

Eldar

eldar-overview.jpg

eldar-front-left.jpg

eldar-front-right.jpg

eldar-left.jpg

eldar-middle.jpg

eldar-right.jpg

eldar-middle-back.jpg

eldar-knight.jpg

eldar-tanks.jpg

eldar-warlock-titan.jpg

eldar-war-walkers.jpg

Orks

ork-army-overview.jpg

ork-army-left.jpg

ork-army-front.jpg

ork-army-right.jpg

ork-army-middle.jpg

ork-army-back.jpg

Space Marines

space-marine-overview.jpg

space-marine-left.jpg

space-marine-front.jpg

space-marine-right.jpg

space-marine-middle.jpg

space-marine-back.jpg

space-marine-tank.jpg

Squats

squat-overview.jpg

squat-left.jpg

squat-front.jpg

squat-right.jpg

squat-middle.jpg

Tyranids

tyranid-overview.jpg

tyranid-dominatrix.jpg

tyranid-genestealer.jpg

tyranid-hive-tyrant.jpg

tyranid-lictor.jpg

tyranid-zoanthropes.jpg

Erny

Very nice the both of you.

Dreamfish, the things our wives make us do. I'd almost literally do anything for my better half but she'd have to prise even the smallest part of my collection out of my cold dead hands.

What were you thinking!

Epic really is a can of worms for me, dare I start taking pictures? Doesn't madness lead that way?

Blue in VT

Ive always wanted to get into Epic in a big way...but too many other projects already...it seems like the proper scale for the 40k universe in my mind. RT 40k has its place but for truly large battle the epic system is great.

Excellent work both of you!

Blue

bug16

Ooh! Lots of lovely Epic goodness! :grin:

These are taken from my blog but they barely scratch the surface of my collection, they're just what I painted last year.

Rocket Company

rocket-company-1.jpg

Basilisks

basilisks.jpg

Tactical Company

ic2.jpg

Artillery Company

art41.jpg

Hydra Battery

hydra1.jpg

Baneblade Company

baneblades1.jpg

Rapier Laser Destroyer Batteries

rapiers1.jpg

Leman Russ Tank Company

lemanruss1.jpg

Vindicator Company

vindicators1.jpg

Heavy Company

heavycompany2.jpg

Hellhounds

hellhounds1.jpg

bug16

Erny":3gfqygmw said:
Very nice the both of you.

Dreamfish, the things our wives make us do. I'd almost literally do anything for my better half but she'd have to prise even the smallest part of my collection out of my cold dead hands.

:lol: I remember, before I was married, when my ex-girlfriend gave me the ultimatum that I either sold all of my wargames stuff or she'd leave. Did I mention that she's an "ex-girlfriend"? :grin:

My wife, on the other hand, just says "You've got some more tanks" when another small packet from ebay arrives in the post. :)

Epic really is a can of worms for me, dare I start taking pictures? Doesn't madness lead that way?

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! :grin:

One thing I will say is don't buy any Epic from GW. It's not the price (which is awful) but the quality of the castings are now dreadful.

DaImp

I have some old Epic stuff, mostly Imperial Guard and some Space Marine stuff. Partially painted and only played with a couple of times. I am going to dig them out and post some pics this evening.

zedmeister

Good stuff Bug16

Here's some more including some more modern stuff (I say modern, but these are at least 15 years old!):

manticoredetachment1.jpg

infantrydetachment1.jpg

sentinelsquad1.jpg

stormlords-tactical1.jpg

igirisujin

My contribution to this topic look very shoddy but I thought I would post them anyway.

200809231829000_zps0642ba46.jpg

200809231830000_zpsa836e2bc.jpg

200809231831000_zpsc9fd832c.jpg

200809231832000_zpsd7a15089.jpg

My wife, on the other hand, just says "You've got some more tanks" when another small packet from ebay arrives in the post.
I know that feeling My wife says with a bit of a sigh "Some more little men have arrived".

bug16

zedmeister":1hwe1196 said:
Here's some more including some more modern stuff (I say modern, but these are at least 15 years old!):

Those Manticores are nearer 20+ years old, which is scary when you think about it! I'm still intending to paint another Rocket Company using those Manticore models as I really like the oldschool look of them.

@igirisujin - Good to see your models posted up, I really like the banners. That's an idea I may steal for my Marines. :)

bug16

Very nice! Love the use of Runtbots as Stompas and you're the first person to make those resin Gargants look really great. :)

Naagruz

Post-acetone remixes.
Everything used to be standard issue Goffs in primary Space Marine 2nd Ed colors until Sheperd Paine threw a brick that hit me in the head. ;)

Lungbursta

Mekboy Garg/Sooooopastompa

Great Gargant

Attachments

• Lung.jpg
    Lung.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,561
  • sstompa.jpg
    sstompa.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,561
  • ork 002 (Medium).jpg
    ork 002 (Medium).jpg