A slowly growing Waaagh!

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Tex

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:21 am

Re: A slowly growing Waaagh!

Slightly better pictures:

This trio took me ages to complete, but let me experiment some "modern" techniques I'd have never considered before my last painting hiatus, such as zenithal lighting.
Next in line (still not 100% sure) is a nice unreleased hooded orc provided by the notorious fsf ebay seller, now apparently vanished.
Last edited by Tex on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am

We might have to wait a while between updates, but its always worth it. Your painting is beautiful, basing and scenery is great and your backgrounds atmospheric. Looking forward to more in the future, also still have a goblin sitting on my desk staring impatiently, will sort him out soon. Beautiful orcs indeed.

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:12 pm

stunning paintjobs and atmopshere, I love it tons.

Tex

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 am

Thank you both for your kind words, they're really much appreciated

@Andrew:
I'm looking forward to seeing your goblin, but don't worry and take your time...it'll always be shorter than mine (oops, this doesn't sound quite complimentary, does it :? )

Speaking of new projects, I started working on the new orc, an unreleased variant of this classic archer:
It has basically the same body and face, but with the hood on and an eye-patch.
Strangely enough, the unreleased variant is bulkier than the commonly available one.
After two orcs dressed in chainmail I decided to paint this one as it sports proper clothes and will allow me to use more vivid colours.
Speaking of which, I'm open to suggestions: what do you think could work better? Bright or desaturated tones? But primarily: which colours to use for the hood and the tunic?
At the moment I'm inclined towards a bright tone, with a carmine red for the hood and a turquoise blue for the tunic, which should contrast well with the green of the flesh.

I also started working at recreating this classic conversion by (I think) Colin Dixon: I've got all the components needed - even down to the correct impaled zombie head - and some other pictures for reference.

This time I'll try to post some wip pics.
Last edited by Tex on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Love those photos and especially the scenic background! It really gives a sense of being there!

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:03 pm

beautiful paintjobs :)

Post Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 pm

I love everything inside this thread! <3

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:19 am

Really love these also! the new standard bearer looks great. Wonderful atmosphere in these photos and i love how you paint the Orc skin.

Tex

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
I'm working on the metallics on the new orc, I hope to have something to show soon.

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:18 pm

You painting is truly sublime, Tax. Every mini is a joy to look upon and Shows jow much potential These venerable old sculpts have. i cant´t vee say which one I like most. The metals are my favorite part, with the Transition between the shiney and the rusty parts being as smooth as it is. Looking Forward to your next work. Oh and the bases, the bases - I wish you´d make a tutorial out of it. Did you sculpt he mushrooms??
PreviousNext

Return to Showroom