Rogue Trader Retinue

Thantsants

Well I figure as there's so much RT goodness floating about, I thought I'd share my Rogue Trader's Retinue with you - in case you hadn't unearthed it from the depths of my blog.

These were the first GW minis I painted having got back into the hobby some years ago so they're a bit drybrush-tastic!

The idea was, having read up on the stuff about Rogue Traders in the Compendium(?) that I'd use my old Guard and Space Marines as his personal retinue.

Here's the main fellow - Hans Valerium. A successful Grox Rancher turned Rogue Trader.

P7270568.jpg

He's mounted on a cybernetically enhanced Grox - electronic controls linked directly to its very small brain!

P7270567.jpg

His commmand group, including some trusted friends from back home employed in a scouting roll

P7270558.jpg

Elements of the Lucky Sevens Guard Regiment who serve as his permanent (private!) army

P7270572.jpg

P7270571.jpg

P7270569.jpg

P7270556.jpg

P7270565.jpg

P7270562.jpg

And a small detachment of Space Marines - never came up with a chapter name, but again they're in the pay of Valerium and are effectively part of his private army. I based the colour scheme on that cool pic of Space Marines patrolling through a forest with the space pirate, World Burner, hiding behind a tree.

P7270555.jpg

Command group

P7270560.jpg

And the whole lot garrisoning a bit of Amera terrain

P7270550.jpg

Just John

Gotta love the old Guard figures, brings a tear to my eye. Had some great games of RT in the day. No, no must stay (somewhat focused)

Thantsants

Thanks fellas - must admit these guys haven't seen much action over the years.

Although the Guard died in droves at the hands of my old school mates' Cyclone Terminators when I played a bit more in my teenage years!

Spooktalker

Cool to see these, and generally your old 40k stuff. Reminds me of my own early games. Some friends and I did game set in the Rogue Trader world not too long ago using a new set of rules I'm working on and the pics of the game have a similar vibe as these here. I'll have to post 'em.

exilesjjb

brings back memory's did play a bit of rouge trader when it came out but never really got into 40k. Some very old figures there

Back