Getting in on the Oldbowl action

DaImp

Here are some close-ups of the team psyching themselves up before going onto the pitch.

Attachments

• kaiser-chefs-2.jpg
    kaiser-chefs-2.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 1,267
  • kaiser-chefs-3.jpg
    kaiser-chefs-3.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 1,267
  • kaiser-chefs-4.jpg
    kaiser-chefs-4.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 1,267

Harry

Great stuff. Those Halflings with the saucepans and colanders ar spot of for the "chefs".

Got any more pictures of the pitch/stadium.

DaImp

It's really just a very simple pitch with dugouts at each end. It has fallen into a state of disrepair in recent years so it is looking quite shoddy. However I will take a pic of it when I can. :) Don't expect much though. lol

Ti Pouchon

My favourite 'fling is the one with the aviator glasses and the scarf - one of Morley's good moments.
Very effective paint job btw, bold yet simple.
And a "well done" to the home-made treeman - looks a bit bigger than his colleague, but then, trees is trees, they aren't all the same height.
Is the head coach an Iron Claw dwarf priest? Jealous...

DaImp

A few minutes later and a game of Blood Bowl has broken out...

As you can see the "stadium" is not up to much. I had plans of making it a lot more impressive. The Subutteo fences and advertising boards that used to ring the pitch have disappeared (easy enough to replace I guess) and the vendor stands, out buildings etc around the grandstand never quite got built... :roll:

Still, the ref asks for a clean and friendly game. Shortly before the fans rip him apart and substitute a ref with a more lenient attitude to violence.

And there's the kick-off!

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 1,260
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 1,260
  • BB3.jpg
    BB3.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 1,260

Ti Pouchon

That's actually a pretty great stadium! The only nit-picky thing I'd have to mention is that in places it's kinda hard to see the single spaces, maing it harder to calculate distances at a glance. It's still a lot nicer than anything I could ever do.
Do I spy some Shadowforge girlies on the pitch?

DaImp

Yeah those are the Shadowforge Dark Elves. I have several of the Shadowforge teams, they are great :)

I may get the stadium repaired and back into action if I can get a group playing Blood Bowl over here again.

Blue in VT

I must say that for a game that I have never had an interest in...I'm suddenly craving blood bowl....weird :shock: must be all this wonderful blood bowl threads happening right now.

These guys look great!

Cheers,

Blue

phreedh

Thantsants":3tj1bl88 said:
Very nice - I love the advertising boards.

Must do something with my Astro-granite pitch one day...
The astro granite pitch has one flaw; small squares. You won't be able to fit a big guy in a single square. Hell, even regular guys have problems fitting. Do yourself a favour, cast up a pitch in hirsty artsy bitsies.

Thantsants

Hmmm - that would only involve another 30 odd castings... Why the hell not! :razz:

A pitch made out of hirst-arts blockies would be terribly heavy, though. Impossible to move, a bugger to store.

Light as a feather compared to my shrine ;)

Back