Ti Pouchon's Oldbowl teams: Orc, Goblin, Undead

Ti Pouchon

Well, I guess you can thank Harry for this, since he was the one who told me it'd be alright to show off even when lacking the mad skillz everyone lese on this forum seems to have.
To start things off, here's the greenskins project.

Sideline Staff: Head Coach (Turn marker), Reroll and Score counters, Apothecary and Team Wizard
317072_425143580889352_395973228_n.jpg

Orc Blitzers
601299_425143607556016_609528274_n.jpg

Orc Blockers
150089_425143637556013_175578100_n.jpg

Orc Throwers and Linemen
484803_425143680889342_1806746728_n.jpg

Trolls and Star Players
19126_425143720889338_1908670520_n.jpg

Wait, why two Trolls? Orcs can field only one, can't they?
Why, yes... However, the other one is essential for the Goblin team! The Goblin team can use the sideline staff of the Orc team and the Goblins can also play for the Orc side.

Why are Goblins better than Halflings? Because they cheat, that's why.
Here's the converted secret weapon squad: Pogo (actually mounted on a spring taken from a biro pen, so he is in fact bouncy), Bombardier, Chainsaw Loony and Fanatic
58245_425143784222665_1437242247_n.jpg

And the unwashed Gobbo horde
602772_425143834222660_1200563876_n.jpg

What do you guys think?

Just John

Re: Ti Pouchon's Oldbowl teams

You've got nothing to be ashamed of - they're lovely. The conversions are great especially the goblin on the spring. Brilliant idea. Can't wait to see what you do with those skaven :)

Harry

Brilliant. Love the guy on the spring. How do you resist the temptation to twang him every once ina while? :grin:
...and the 'Ooligan chainsaw conversion. :shock:
Also love the 'negative' scheme on the trolls. Brilliant. Keeps the scheme realy tight.
Great stuff. Thanks for posting.

Thantsants

Wolf boy with the scarf is my fave - those goblin gals are sweet too!

Love the skin tones and as Harry says clever move with the troll's colouration 8-)

Ti Pouchon

Thanks, I really appreciate all those nice comments!

Harry":2cmqev62 said:
Brilliant. Love the guy on the spring. How do you resist the temptation to twang him every once ina while? :grin:
I don't. In fact, nobody does. Most of my opponents will go 'boioioioinng' every couple seconds whenever it takes me a little pondering time to finish my move. That's what playing tabletop BB is all about - actually playing. Doing silly voices and sound effects of blocking actions - the French players even used to have theme songs prepared! Can't do that online.

As for the Skaven, I hope they'll come up soon. I have a full team of them, but since Skaven and Goblins can play together as the "Underworld" team, I'm going to match the Skaven kit to that of the Goblins, only reverse it - grey fur and green armour, just like the Trolls.
The Underworld team has to field a "Warpstone Troll" though and I don't have any more Olley Trolls. Still considering alternatives.

axiom

Lovely unique scheme- I can't recall ever having seen your colour combination before, but it really pops out nicely. Like the secret weapons very much too :)

Ti Pouchon

To thank you all for your kind comments, I'll post some more players...
This time: Undead!
Hard to stay in the Oldbowl spirit with this one, since there is no proper Undead team in 2nd Ed. However, I'm not a fan of the Morley teams, so some conversion work was in order.

Turn Marker (Head Coach), ReRoll and Score counters:
424153_425630944173949_461550599_n.jpg

Mummies (made out of a Nurgle Rotter, a RoC Champion, mummy limbs and greenstuff)
and Wights (Dark Elf Blitzers with funky helmet decorations)
394852_425630964173947_586342233_n.jpg

Ghouls - the tricky part. The Morley Ghouls are just a no-no. So I decided to use Werewolves as Ghouls, that way I also had a use for the rad Wilhelm Chaney. The other ones are Slarga Foulstrike with two arms missing and a tail added and two RoC Beastmen with new arms (one of them formerly Chaney's)
734990_425630977507279_1262593289_n.jpg

Linemen! The 1st ed Skeleton and Zombie are awesome! Unfortunately, I only have one of each. So I had to fill in the gaps with 4th Ed (boo! hiss!) Warhammer zombies, lovingly converted to look like athletes.
602976_425631010840609_984999866_n.jpg

558176_425631044173939_367884561_n.jpg

The nice thing is that I just need to finish four more minis to also have a complete Necromantic team (2 actual Ghouls and 2 Flesh Golems, including one of my favourite minis ever, Frank N. Stein)
and another four minis to have a Khemri team too (2 more Mummies and 2 Throwers)
And also some Star Players, of course!

What do you guys think?

DaImp

I love that you have coaching staff for all your teams :)
Great work in making the undead really unique too.

Orlygg

Love that RoC slaaneshi champion conversion... proper old school and could have come straight out of a late 80s White Dwarf. Well done...

Chico

Hmmm i have to say and i'm not sucking up here that those are some of my favourite Oldbowl Undead conversions i've seen.

Pil

Very very very cool! I love the old Blood Bowl models and I hardly have any (certainly no full teams). The Orcs and Goblins are amazing! I have a goblin team too (3rd edition models) and they're a lot of fun to play with! Your undead conversions are great! I agree that there is no proper looking undead team for Blood Bowl (apart from the vampire counts team though which looks great) and you've done a great job on making a team that looks suitably old school.

Ti Pouchon

Thanks, guys! Thank you all so much for your nice comments and support. Goblins are indeed fun to play with and I can only advise everyone to take a gobbo team to a tourney if you ever have the chance - makes for a very relaxed weekend, as you know beforehand you won't be mingling with the big boys. Gives one a chance to enjoy the little things: blowing palyers up, slicing them in half, even scoring the odd TD! I haven't played any other team at tourneys after painting the Goblins.
I'll post more Oldbowl - but I have to paint it up first.
Hmmm, working on three teams at once doesn't help in the focus and perseverance department.

Harry

See .... I told you starting a plog was the way to go.
Reassurance and motivation by the bucket load.
Three? ... I dream of only having three projects on the go. I can't stick to anything for more than 5 mins.
It's a wonder I get anything finished at all! :grin:
But I look forward to more teams.
What teams have you got in the pipeline.
I have a few lined up .... maybe we can work on one side by side and in posting our WIP nudge each other into making some progress?

DaImp

3 Blood Bowl teams is no problem. You can breeze through those in no time and have them up on the forum for us all to enjoy. Do it for the starving children Ti. Oldhammer Blood Bowl teams are the one small joy the orphans get in this cruel world. You wouldn't deny them that simple pleasure would you? WOULD YOU!?

Ti Pouchon

The orphans? Pshaw! What have the orphans ever done for me? Always wanting moar gruel and now wanting moar Oldbowl? The cheek of it!
But then, I guess I'll try to oblige them.

Pipeline:
- Nurgle project: Beastmen, Linemen, Star Players. Ever so slowly finishing the conversion work.
- Undead: Necro and Khemri additions, also Star Players
- Dorfs: the rest of the team, then additional Humans/Norse
Further down the pipe (not even started cleaning the minis):
- Skaven
- Elves (very far down the pipe, still missing some minis)

Harry":vbn5gi5u said:
I have a few lined up .... maybe we can work on one side by side and in posting our WIP nudge each other into making some progress?

Sounds like fun! I already have a WIP: the Dorfs/Blood Axes. That gives me a head start of 8 minis out of 26. So, dorfs it is for me. 18 to go, 7 of which require conversion work, one of those 7 is the bull-dozer.
Ready, steady, go!

Harry: 0
Ti Pouchon: 8
Harry, Harry, what's the score?
(Sorry for that. I just couldn't help it.)

Harry

OK you're on.
Dwarves it is.
I'll crack on with mine this weekend.
I'll start a WIP thread and get something posted by Sunday night.
Not sure I have 26 ... I'll have to check. (But I know I have a roller somewhere!)

Good Luck!

Ti Pouchon

Brilliant! And godspeed to you!
I'm really curious to see your take on the dorfs.
With Star Players, sideline staff, fans and hangers-on and the option of doing a Dungeonbowl team, not all 26 have to be actual dorfs: Phreedh has already introduced the other Dungeonbowl dwarf option (dwarf, halfling, Norse). I'm doing 20 dwarfs and 6 humans.
You probably know already that the dwarf team can include 2 different shooters (bombardier and blunderbuss - the 2nd Ed bazooka guy has me covered for both these options), a chainsaw wielding maniac, a 3rd "champion-type" slayer, the fabled Zara (a female human blitzer specializing in killing vampires and other undead) and the ubiquitous ogre Morg.

Harry

I am leaning towards the Doom Forgers off the back of the Dungeon bowl box.
I have a couple of Halflings left over and I love the notion of werewolves.
So with a coaching staff and a couple of halflings and Werewolves I should be able to pull together 26 Miniatures.

I have chainsaw guy, Bazooka Guy and Roller.
I would love to add a Zara ... but don't have rules. She was a late addition as a star player wasn't she?
...and I have Morg ... and, indeed, Thorg. :?

Back