psiekier's Blood Angels

psiekier

Suber":34gm3uwa said:
Sooo lovely! They look bloody gorgeous! (pun intended! :grin: )
Count Von Bruno":34gm3uwa said:
I love your work Psieker and if not for this thread a good deal of my Blood Angels would still be residing in unpainted mini hell.
Thanks, guys. I'm glad to see that I can inspire others. Blood Angels should be painted, and not just because our codex is rumoured to be coming up after the Necrons!

This was my display for Armies on Parade. There are only a handful of things on it that haven't already appeared in this thread:

[ Click to Enlarge ]

psiekier

It sure has been a long time since I've been in this thread. In the meantime, I think I have painted all of four models, half of which are not Blood Angels. It occurred to me, though, that I have never taken an "Apocalypse"-style picture of my army; my AOP entry is about half of what I have painted up and ready to play with.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

One of the Blood Angel models that I did paint during this time was a Sanguinary Priest with a jump pack and Valour's Edge.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

psiekier

I was painting up a few more models to swap out for others that maybe aren't painted as well, or don't have the right kind of equipment for the squad I want them to be in. Brother Hamilton is one of the latter; since a Space Marine combat squad can have only a special weapon or a heavy weapon (not both), I needed another lad with a bolt gun.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

Plasma weapons are totally worth it. None understand the risk moreso than Brother Cringer.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

Unlike codex chapters, Blood Angels must take a company champion in a command squad - it's not optional. I just never painted one up because I haven't used a command squad since Third Edition. It would be funny if they became optional in Eighth Edition.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

Brother Longun bears a heavy bolter for Squad Brutus. This single-piece casting model has shown up in illustrations in White Dwarf and in the old Space Marine 6mm game.

[ Click to Enlarge ]

Subedai

Cool army. I like how all the ages of miniatures are coming together, it gives the force its very own history.

Back