Harry's Blood Bowl Log

Make us dream with all your oldhammer stuff!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: Harry's Blood Bowl Log

Yup - mostly 2nd ed with the odd 1st ed. mini thrown in. I've got a few 3rd ed. bits including a whole Dark Elf team I inherited but definitely prefer the older stuff.

There's a team of Orcs, Dark Elves, assorted Chaos players and a ragtag mix of Humans, Dwarves, Elves and the odd Ogre waiting patiently - not to mention a 2nd ed. polystyrene pitch to be done...

If you don't mind me posting a pic in your thread here's a few of them I did for the Lead Painter's League last year -

A local Pub team - The Slann in Spacers

Great minds think alike eh! ;)

I figured these were old projects - just liked the effect of Ta Dah! Lead to painted. :D

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 pm

What a tremendous looking fling team - superb painting :)

If it had been me I might have replaced the ball on your tree with an (un)lucky halfling, but that's just a minor niggle. I do love the 2nd ed halfings, shame they're such a struggle to actually play with!

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 am

Chico wrote:These are great, havn't played a game of BB in many a year. But are seeing your stunning team i'm forcing myself to buy some Oldbowl toys.. Hmmm.

Chico, are you looking for anything in particular? I have a small posse of various oldbowl players looking for new contracts, feel free to drop me a pm if you have a wishlist.

Playing with halflings... two words: master chef.
The Perry 'hotpot catapult' is still fetching decent prices on ebay due to halfling coaches looking for that particular mini to complete their teams. It's pretty much a mandatory choice and if you limit yourself to 'tourney legal' minis, the catapult commander is a must have.
That and a big guy starplayer. Halflings are the only team that can realistically field Morg. Or a 3rd tree.

Another mini that seems to be popular among halfling coaches is the old 'piggyback' crew of two halflings. I remember seeing a 'fling team in Blood Bowl Magazine using two of those.
Still have one of those in the lead pile. Too bad I'll never field 'flings. Goblins all the way!
ImageImage

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Ti Pouchon wrote:
Chico wrote:These are great, havn't played a game of BB in many a year. But are seeing your stunning team i'm forcing myself to buy some Oldbowl toys.. Hmmm.

Chico, are you looking for anything in particular? I have a small posse of various oldbowl players looking for new contracts, feel free to drop me a pm if you have a wishlist.

I'm not too sure yet mate, but i'm thinking the Chaos Dwarfs (The ones before the silly big hats) will be first on the list.
My Blog:

ImageImageImageImage

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Chico wrote:
Ti Pouchon wrote:

I'm not too sure yet mate, but i'm thinking the Chaos Dwarfs (The ones before the silly big hats) will be first on the list.

May I recommend 1st edition orcs for hobgoblins?

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

phreedh wrote:

May I recommend 1st edition orcs for hobgoblins?[/quote]

Not a bad choice, but i was going to use Snots as Hobbo's for the pure giggles of it :), But these are way done on my ''too buy list'' :(
My Blog:

ImageImageImageImage

Pil

Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Very cool team Harry (and Thantsants of course), I love these little halflings and they look very characterful. I never tried to play with such a team but it would seem like a struggle at all times. I love the paint job though!
When living your life like an arrow in flight
You must always accept that the end is in sight
Be grateful at least for the fact that you knew
You came to death - he did not come for you

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:19 pm

@Da Imp
I have a nice mix of minis from different editions. I like some 2nd edition teams more ... others 3rd edition more.

@Thantsants
Don't mind you posting at all. Especially not minis paintd that nicely. There is always a chance someone will think they are mine if they don't look too closely at the poster. :D

@axiom
Many thanks
Never thought of the halfling option.
Never won a game ... always have a good laugh!

@Ti pouchon
I will get on to a chef ... I have a couple of hotpots knocking around. I have a some piggyback guys somewhere too. :D

@phreedh
Are those first edition Orcs not a bit tricky to find? i don't think I have ever seen one.

@Pil
Many thanks.
Never play to win ... always for laughs ... playing halflings kind of takes this out of the equation ... the 'struggle' is the fun! :D

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:22 pm

OK so all this Blood bowl chat and the idea of starting a new team made me crack on and get one finished that has been kicking a round half finished for ages:

Here they are done:

The Beastmen:

The Chaos Warriors:

The Big Guy:

The Star players:

The guy on the left is the Quest pit fighter ... he is a bit tooled up for Blood Bowl ... but he seems to fit.

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Amazing! You've taken some uninspiring casts and made the mshine. My favourite is the Minotaur, very 'organic' looking, brilliant work! Also like the dual metal scheme on the CWs.
I'd appreciate a "how to" on those very nice bases.
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Showroom