Rogue Trader Space Marines and Squats [PICS]

Pil

Hello B.L.O.O.D. brothers! As promised I wanted to share some older pictures of my Rogue Trader marines and Squats. I started collecting old RT marines years ago and in the beginning I painted them up to match my 3rd edition Space Marine army (The Nightshift) in dark blue. I quickly grey tired of this though and left them for what they were. Years later when some friends and I started a Necromunda mod with Space Marines (dubbed Rogue Munda at the time, it didn't work very well though) I wanted to use my RT models and decided upon a new colour scheme for them. These were the humble beginnings:

angels01.jpg

Three plastic Space Wombles, two plastic scouts (with minor pose conversions) and a metal devastator. I gave them a bright and clean colour scheme to really show the models off.

angels02.jpg
angels03.jpg

angels04.jpg
angels05.jpg

angels06.jpg
angels07.jpg

I later added to these with six metal models to complete the squad:

beerrun.jpg

marine7.jpg
marine5.jpg
marine6.jpg

marine4.jpg
marine3.jpg

marine2.jpg
marine1.jpg

The colour scheme takes some time and gets tedious after a while so to keep things interesting I painted up a couple of marines in urban camo:

camo1.jpg

camo3.jpg

camo2.jpg

Painting these camo marines was a lot quicker so I did a plastic assault squad as well with Maxmini jump packs.

camo4.jpg

camo5.jpg

camo6.jpg

I also gathered up some classic Rogue Trader scouts which are much cooler than the more uniformed plastic scouts (and their metal counterparts). I painted these in green and whites (no camo) and painted up two Ambulls for fun as well.

scouts1.jpg

scouts2.jpg

scouts3.jpg

scouts4.jpg

ambulls.jpg

LPL_Pil_7.jpg

Of course it's always fun to paint something in a new colour scheme so for variety's sake I also painted up a couple of plastic marines (I have quite a lot of the plastic beakies so they're easy targets for new colour schemes) in Field Police colours. I also gave them a matching rhino.

LPL_Pil_4.jpg

That concludes my Devastation Angels. Here are, as promised, my squats!

I painted up these squats as a bunch of smugglers for Inquisimunda. A Necromunda adaptation that offers a far greater variety in gangs, races and weapons than Necromunda itself. We've had some good times with Inquisimunda and I'm now adding to these pirates with some human recruits. Of which I will of course post pictures later :)

squats23.jpg

squats24.jpg

squats01.jpg

squats02.jpg
squats03.jpg

squats04.jpg
squats05.jpg
squats06.jpg

squats07.jpg
squats08.jpg

squats15.jpg
squats16.jpg

squats09.jpg
squats10.jpg

squats11.jpg
squats12.jpg

squats13.jpg
squats14.jpg

squats17.jpg
squats18.jpg

squats19.jpg
squats20.jpg

squats21.jpg
squats22.jpg

squats25.jpg
squats26.jpg

squats27.jpg
squats28.jpg

squats29.jpg
squats30.jpg
squats31.jpg

That's it, I hope you enjoyed these pictures of some Rogue Trader goodness, my well is dry so from here on only pictures of newly painted stuff ;)

Blue in VT

Wonderful stuff all around Pil! Wonderful PJs that really embrace the RT "vibe" perfectly.

Plus they look fun to have a game with....can I come over. :)

Blue

Ti Pouchon

Brilliant, great work!
I've never seen the human nor the big green guy with the squats, though. What models are those?

Pil

Thanks! Blue, you're welcome to come over next time you're in the Netherlands 8)

Ti, the human is a model from the Spacelords range now sold by EM4:
http://em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Civilians.html
Civilian, Trader with cape

I love the model and he works great as a Rogue Trader. The green guy is a Space Slann, Llamas to be precise:

fw87tsf18slann.jpg

(top row, third from the left)

Thantsants

Love the smugglers - especially the inclusion of the Slann!

I've admired them before but I'm afraid all I'm getting of the Devastation Angels is red crosses - might just be me though...

Ti Pouchon

Pil, thanks for the info! I'm not familiar with anything other than Citadel, so it's little wonder I've never seen that guy before.

Chico

So many nice paint jobs to comment on, but i'll stick with saying ''wow'' for now :) Also Ambulls and your Slann are amazing inclusions.

Blue in VT

This thread is dangerous! I've been watching lot of "sons of anarchy" lately (TV show about a biker gang) and now I want to make a squat force based on that MC...oh my wallets going to get a lot thinner!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Blue

Harry

Wonderful stuff. Lordy that RTB01 set takes you back doesn't it. Love the poses and the colours schemes. I really miss all the DIY colour schemes, Happy days. What a shame these have fallen by the wayside.

Chico

Blue in VT":swgnphek said:
This thread is dangerous! I've been watching lot of "sons of anarchy" lately (TV show about a biker gang) and now I want to make a squat force based on that MC...oh my wallets going to get a lot thinner!

Blue

I happen to love SoA too, made me buy some Squats too heh

Erny

Great stuff Phil, I had to down load inquisimunda because of you. Is it ment as an add on to current rules or the original rules. Its sort of a RT light with added campaigniness.

I'm going to have to steal your field police idea!

Pil

Thanks all!

Blue in VT":24te29zs said:

Blue

I don't know Sons of Anarchy but I sure would love to see some Squats painted by you!

Harry":24te29zs said:
Wonderful stuff. Lordy that RTB01 set takes you back doesn't it. Love the poses and the colours schemes. I really miss all the DIY colour schemes, Happy days. What a shame these have fallen by the wayside.

I agree, especially Space Marine chapters are occasionally a bit too defined in their colour schemes. On the other hand having fixed 'official' colour schemes caters to those people that like that kind of thing, while people that like to invent their own are always free to do so :)

Erny":24te29zs said:
Great stuff Phil, I had to down load inquisimunda because of you. Is it ment as an add on to current rules or the original rules. Its sort of a RT light with added campaigniness.

I'm going to have to steal your field police idea!

It's an add-on, you'll need the Necromunda rulebook, the current version suffices. The Outlanders book might be valuable too if you want to use magic. The Inquisimunda supplement mostly consists of new gang rules, including lots of aliens (or xenos in 40k terms) and new weapons. The basic Necromunda rules are hardly altered making the game very easy to play if you're familiar with them.

Back