Hero Crusade!

clownshoe

Thanks Protist ^ - Erhart is sat waiting on my painting desk as i type - just have to finish a disc rider of tzeentch i treated myself to painting. (he has been queued awhile now). I think i will start with a dark wash in appropriate places.
On another note - i noticed there are some great posts showing peoples RT era figures and painting at the moment so i dug out my older painted marines from that period.
I "think" my painting has improved since then and i often consider stripping these minis down but can never actually drop them in the dettol... Memories :lol:

Attachments

• DSC04742.JPG
    DSC04742.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 2,014

clownshoe

Disc Rider of Tzeentch - finished late last night (early this morning) - i spent an age on the NMM sword, not sure it was worth it!
It is not the original chaos disk, i utilized an old JD surfboard instead. C&C always gratefully recieved.

Attachments

• DSC04955 - Copy.JPG
    DSC04955 - Copy.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 1,981

Asslessman

WOWOWOWo :shock:

This is one insanely good intrepretation of that model ! A 3 colour combo including black and a kakhi is just brilliant. Until now I've only seen big Tau robot spainted this way but this is one hell of a good model ! I was sort of planning to paint my Slambo this way (replacing the blue by red) but this is just too good ! The idea of painting the inner part if the thighs as plasma conductors or something => excellent.

It is really nic eto see a good tzeentch model painted in something else than the traditionnal rainbow we've all seen countless times. This is just too good.

Technically speaking the blade cold probably use some edge lighting just to make it stand and to reinforce the NMM (I can NMM myself but some edges could definitley help, blending is superb btw). You might also want to do something with the eyes with either a dark hole or something flashy (or maybe one of each).

Seriously, I'm raising all 4 thumbs to you on that one.

clownshoe

Thanks man! much appreciated. I did actually look at some Tau for the inspiration on the board. The sword took an age, there is actually quite alot of heavy dark red/black shading although it is very subtle. I think you are right i'll edge it a little more to make it pop out - it is a lovely model and was a pleasure to paint.

clownshoe

Latest finished figure, circa 99 Space Ork Nob - standard bearer! I always enjoy painting the greenskins. No OSL as i don't think the axe would cast any real light from the pose he is in. I am trying to keep it real! Thought i would share.

Attachments

• nob.JPG
    nob.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,933
  • nob1.JPG
    nob1.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,933

clownshoe

Well having a right session with the camera this afternoon as i have no work on.. Messing about with backgrounds, i think some of the results are much better than my usual plain old white canvas! Not actually old hammer.. sorry - it is a nice model though.. despite the err codpiece. :?

And lastly - not a great figure, or paintjob or photo, however "FEEL HIS ELECTRIC BONE...."

Attachments

• DSC05581.JPG
    DSC05581.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 1,864
  • DSC05577.JPG
    DSC05577.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 1,864
  • DSC05533.JPG
    DSC05533.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 1,864

clownshoe

Finished one of the old Marauder ogres over the weekend. Not really happy with the pics - i couldn't get the light right. I have another 3 to do some time :) - thought i would share!

Attachments

• IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 1,804
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1,804

clownshoe

Thanks chaps - the pics on the ogre are a little poor, somehow i am losing all my highlights with the lights now.. Photography is a pain in the.
Messing with the marble effect i did some more heroquest stuff - i figured the bases lent themselves to it. Also did a mummy. Just basic painting really.

Attachments

• dead.jpg
    dead.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,756
thos heroquest skellies and mummies are an absolute pleasure to paint. they're so easy to do well, i can remember the pride i had when i was young at getting them to look good compared to all the other crap i painted.

those are a very very good example of doing them well though!

clownshoe

Its been awhile, heres an Ork Skorcher I finally got round to painting. I bought this from GW mail order around 1995 iirc.. Lol. The second pic is an Ork I painted but I have no idea of the manufacturer so if anyone can identify it that would be cool.

Attachments

• Ork Skorcher (2).JPG
    Ork Skorcher (2).JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,333

clownshoe

Sleepysod":4rz623bd said:
Looks like a Nick Lund sculpt. Chronicle/Grenadier?
Thanks! got it with that info, it's a Chronicle CFCM-043 - Hobgoblin with crossbow. Appreciate the help Sleepy.

Sleepysod

big soft spot for Nick Lund - first miniature was one of his Black Orcs for Citadel. Second was one of his wolf riders.

symphonicpoet

Your skorcher isn't red! :grin: That's almost heresy! I love it!

(Of course, I suppose I did paint one yellow ork bike myself. Just one. Everything else is some shade of red.)

Great stuff! :)

clownshoe

Thanks guys, been trying to improve my NMM - just "finished" this old Talisman plastic chaos warrior - c&c gratefully recieved.

Attachments

• nmmtalisman.jpg
    nmmtalisman.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1,178

symphonicpoet

I doubt I'd have noticed he was using NMM if you hadn't said anything. Which is another way of saying it worked out very well! :)

Back