Hero Crusade!

clownshoe

So i loved these board games back in the day, Hero quest and Space Crusade! I have a complete version of the original SC and a few hero quest figures. I am roughly 60% done with painting the SC minis, Orks, Marines and Androids finished so far. The hero quest figures are a WIP. Done a zombie, a skellybob and a fimir - pics below

Attachments

• DSC_0061.jpg
    DSC_0061.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 4,578
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 4,578
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 4,578

clownshoe

Count Von Bruno":3n0czxrp said:
Another vote for the blood on that zombie's cleaver, excellent!

Ah cheers chaps - I am addicted to the blood effect currently, although it doesnt sit too well with my bright coloured paint style really. Tamiya clear red and black ink is addictive!

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpg
    DSC_0064.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 4,486
Gotta love those Hero Quest models - your ones are well executed 8-) . I recently was lucky enough to inherit a box of Advanced Quest from Cheetor so it's on the bucket list of projects now. That Zombie model is probably my favorite sculpt in the whole set. It has aged very well. I assume it's a Jes Goodwin? Any of you grognards know for sure?

clownshoe

Yea i have to agree with you Otto - the zombie was pleasant to paint, i think the mummy is a decent model too. The gargoyle is awful. Really awful.

clownshoe":1z7c4f01 said:
Yea i have to agree with you Otto - the zombie was pleasant to paint, i think the mummy is a decent model too. The gargoyle is awful. Really awful.

Yeah the mummy comes in a close second. I dare say the mummy is a better match to Warhammer armies 3rd edition than the ones they made around 4th edition (the Gary Morley ones). I think I might actually use the Gargoyle for giggles as an amusing Bloodthirster some day because he makes me smile so when I see his aerobics style battle pose. He has all the intimidation value of a children's pantomime villain ;) .

Bane

The zombie is cool, but second to your avatar. I flinched to swipe at it and then I became mesmerized for too long really.

clownshoe":uplxm87k said:
The gargoyle is awful. Really awful.

Poor old Verag, you'll hurt his feelings :mrgreen:

I 'see where you're coming from I guess (the crucifixion pose)...I still can't help but find him impressive though.

clownshoe

Rather than starting another thread ill stick these in here. I have a load of these mm65 Marauder Flagellants, aly Mor sculpts, really nice models. With the current blood and gore addiction i painted some of these guys up. I figure these religious nutcases are bound to be covered in the red stuff! - let me know what you think - all c&c gratefully recieved.

Attachments

• lots of minis (122 of 124).jpg
    lots of minis (122 of 124).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 2,299
  • lots of minis (123 of 124).jpg
    lots of minis (123 of 124).jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 2,299
  • lots of minis (111 of 124).jpg
    lots of minis (111 of 124).jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 2,299

clownshoe

Neither hero or crusade - latest stuff i have been working on.
Iron Hands Space marine army.
I have been assembling painting these some time now, trying to slot in various older figures with newer stuff, the Iron Father is a forgeworld model, but there is some old lead in there too - and more to come. Thought i would share with you guys.

C&C always welcome!

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 2,264
  • banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 2,264
They are cool. You should pop a thread on showroom with some more detail shots for them. The limited number of dark colours makes them feel very sinister. You can really see the difference in character between the old models and the newer ones. Some of the old RT SM with bionics would look really great if you can get your hands on some to add to this force.

clownshoe

Finished this chap last night after England dissapointed me... Think i will do the other "heroquest heroes" over the next few days. What do you guys think of the Elf?

Attachments

• DSC02035.JPG
    DSC02035.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 2,193

clownshoe

Been hitting the paint pots quite hard over the last week or so - here are some Snotling bases i finished. I went for 6 per base. Each base will have just 1 of the modern plastic snots, all the others are metal ones.

Attachments

• DSC02065.JPG
    DSC02065.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 2,165

clownshoe

Well i finished the main cast after some time! - The mage was painted by a blind amputee, then stripped by edward scissorhands hence the lack of facial detail. Its an awful model in my opinion anyway.
All together now say cheese.

Attachments

• DSC02519.JPG
    DSC02519.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 2,130

clownshoe

Thought i would get demonic today, so i painted some Horrors of Tzeentch, these are mixed models, i think the larger one is a newer cast, all are metal. Opted for pink! duh. C&C gratefully received!

Attachments

• DSC03451 - Copy.JPG
    DSC03451 - Copy.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,086
I love Tzeentch horrors :grin: I always wanted to get my hands on some. I think the pink looks great, are you planning some blue ones too?

I love everything you have going on in this thread actually, I'm very fond of Heroquest and you've done those pieces proud :grin:

Back